“Great Food, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Nags Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated for 33 years, we serve the finest and freshest local seafood, choice steaks, salads, pastas, chicken and more. We pay attention to every detail to ensure your meal is memorable and delicious! Enjoy casual dining overlooking the Roanoke Sound, and live music (in season) in our waterfront gazebo. Come early and enjoy your favorite cocktail outdoors overlooking the water, or in our indoor bar. We offer an extensive wine list, a lighter fare menu, childrens’ menu and more. We welcome children, families and parties of all sizes, and offer comfortable booths for a romantic dinner for two. We look forward to serving you!
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We go there quite often when we are at our home in Southern Shores. We make sure we are there for the early bird special as it gives us an extra 20% which is very substantial. Food was great, had to send the French Fries back as they were not hot, just warm but that issue was corrected immediately. Highly suggest you visit this restaurant fpr a great meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nags Head, North Carolina
“Cautionary Tale Of This Whale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

There are a ton of great reviews on this restaurant and I'm sure these folks have had amazing experiences but I caution folks that are coming in larger groups not to get their hopes up. There were 13 of us in total. We had 10 minutes from when were were seated til we had someone to take drink orders and barely grumble out a hello. 10 minutes til a few of those drinks showed up, total 20 til they were all on the table. No specials announced or offered, no anything: just a rushed order-taking and off the server went. Not to be seen again until rolls, soup and salad showed up 1/2 hour later. In the meantime we watched the tables around us get treated pleasantly (by other servers mind you) and have their full meals in front of them within 20 minutes of their seating. Somewhere near the hour, hour and and half mark our food finally showed up. Some of the sides were cold and no explanation or even attempt at an apology for the long wait was offered. I heard the server grumble under her breath something about a computer error but again nothing mentioned to the group. Food wise, I had a Make-Your-Own Surf & Turf with steak and scallops as did the family member next to me. The option to upgrade from NY Strip to 8oz Filet was given and he chose the upgrade. It wasn't until the bill came later that he found out that was nearly a $10 upgrade. I'm not sure his Filet was worth it but my NY Strip was just.... OK. The scallops were delicious. Worth the rest of the ordeal? Definitely not.My wife's meal was ho-hum, however the Lobster another family member received was touted among the best ever. Another thing to note, don't come here for a quiet meal. The room we were placed in (with groups ranging from 3 to 20) had all the pleasant ambiance of a train station at rush hour. Great views of the water but incredibly noisy.

It's sad, it was our first trip joining the family to this restaurant after they've been coming for years. We don't believe we'll be joining them if they foolishly decide to return next year.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, Maryland
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is warm and friendly. We were told there would be a 20 minute wait....they called us in 5 minutes. Steamed shrimp appetizer was perfect. I tired something new.. stuffed flounder with crab meat and topped with lobster sauce. It was great..fresh broccoli was cooked or steamed to perfection. My husband got the filet minugon cooked medium. It was great. This is a must for anyone to try this restaurant.with cheesecake to go and just water to drink bill came to 62.00

Hickory
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation at Kill Devil HIlls. I chose this restaurant from a large number of restaurants. I am so glad that I did. This restaurant has a gluten free menu. They have a good selection on their gluten free menu. The restaurant is right on the water. We had a beautiful view from our table.I had a salad with raspberry viniagrette. I had never seen this salad dressing with this rich of a color. The raspberry taste was very rich. The service was wonderful.
The waiter was very attentive.

Portland, Maine
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I came to this restaurant with family during the off season. They had an early bird special that appealed to us. The hushpuppies were excellent. I had grilled fish with a side salad and baked potato and it was plenty for me. Unfortunately I did not get to try dessert here but would have loved to. I would be happy to come here again.