“Just love the pulled Pork!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 72 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Barbecue, Family Fare
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Takeout
“Just love the pulled Pork!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stopped by Nags Head this week with my little one (he's 4) and was extremely hungry after a day at the beach. Even worse, my son was a little cranky because he was hungry and tired.

We came in a little hesitant because there was a considerable line, but service was quick to find us a table and some delicious ice tea. He was ready for mac and cheese and southern fried chicken, and I thought about the pulled pork sandwich.

He loved the chicken and mac and cheese (ate the whole plate!), and I could not get enough of that BBQ sauce. Just remembering the melt-in-your-mouth pork makes my mouth water. Cant wait to come back!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“annual tradition!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This has become our group's official first night at the beach meal-- the barbecue is good, the sides are great (some of them a bit decadent) and everyone is happy. Reasonable and convenient.

Visited August 2012
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Ate every bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughters and I had chicken strips (yeah, yeah...), a pulled chicken sandwich, Mac and cheese, cole slaw, hush puppies, and fries. All delicious and wonderful. Seemed pricey, but it's a tourist location, so I kind of expect it. The employees were friendly with everyone that came in.

We ate outside and enjoyed just watching people across the street at the dunes or walking by. Wasn't busy, so was a nice place to chill and chat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Passaic, New Jersey
“Service and Pulled Pork Saved The Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We werent planning on going to Sooeys for lunch this Tuesday, but after an longer-than-expected morning at the beach with our son and a friend of his, we were almost as famish as exhausted.

The good people at Sooey's were quick to accomodate our two troublemakers and rushed hush puppies out for them to snack, which was wonderful. We ordered them southern fried chicken and pulled pork. I dont eat meat, so I had the crab cake sandwich.

Everything was delicious, but the pulled pork was remarkable, according to my wife and son. They loved it!

Yes, it's a little more than you'd pay in a non-tourist area, but it's WELL worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CT
“Good Food, Priced Slightly High”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I visited this location on Aug 15th. The food was really good and the atmosphere is what you would expect from a N.C BBQ Joint. I did think the price was a little high for the size of the portions, but all in all the food was good. I had the brisket which hit the spot and my wife had the pulled chicken which was moist and full of flavor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere