“Great location but didn't love the food” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
virginia
“Great location but didn't love the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has a great location and is really neat looking. My kids loved their meals, but my husband and I were less impressed (and we are not usually particular). We felt the prices were high, too; it kept us from going back during the week even though my 10 year old begged us. On the plus side, they have a really cool backyard - there are several corn-hole games set up that people can just walk up and play. Nice place to visit, but I'm not sure if we'd go back.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Maryland, United States
“Awesome food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Out of the 10+ restau
rants I ate at in OBX, Pamlico Jacks was by far the best!! The quality of the food was amazing and the staff was super friendly.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best restaurant in Nags Head!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I couldn't have been more impressed with the rehearsal dinner we had there this last October. The service was impeccable as was the quality of the food. Every time we are in Nags Head we go there. Doug and his crew always make us feel at home. The food is always delicious and we are always taken care of. We will visit them forever!!

Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Two great meals on different days - would definitely go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Day 1 - quiet Monday night with another couple, had the tuna steak special, it was awesome - my husband had a delmonico steak, done perfectly (and he likes his well-done, and often it is not cooked right at other places). The fresh bread basket was really special - fantastic cornbread - so sweet it was like cake, and crusty dark brown rolls that werw wonderful, too. We were seated on the first floor facing the sound, watched the sun set. It was not crowded, so very quiet while we were there.

Day 2 - busy Friday night, place was packed and we were a party of 8. We were seated fairly quickly (well within the promised 20 minutes). Everyone enjoyed what they ordered; I had the crab cake sandwich this time, very good, big chunks of crab on a nice soft roll with delicious french fries and an apple slaw. This visit we were upstairs in the loft - nice space but it was VERY noisy up there.

Prices were reasonable for a resort town. We did not spend time at the bar and it was too cool for the outside seating area, so no review for those!

I would definitely visit again, next time I'm vacationing there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“Great - Great - Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Due to the off season, a number of restaurants were closed in the beginning of the week, seeing a lot of OBX license plates, we decided to give this place a chance. WOW. were we lucky. The license plates were due to a local golf tournament. There was a significant discount on a bottle of wine, the waiter's recommendations were fantastic, the view was great and when we received our food he was spot on.