“not thrilled” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“not thrilled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were not thrilled with the food here. I thought it was way over priced for what you got and it was not great food by any means. Don't think I will be back so many better places in Nags Head.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Good but pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped there to have dinner with the family.
They give hush puppies to munch on while waiting for the order. We ordered the sno crab trinity plater ($62) for 2.
The hush puppies were delicious with bits of corn in it. The main course was good. I'm not a real seafood fan but my wife is.
They say the platter is for 2 but I'm sure 3 or 4 people can feed on it. It is a lot of food. The crab was good, the big shrimps were good, the small shrimps were good, the corn on the cob was good, the potatoes were good, the clams were sandy, wife and I didn't care much for it and the sausages were weird and wife said it was gross.
We thought it was the place where waiters are rude on purpose but it wasn't.
Although the food was ok, It didn't justify the price. I won't go back there, it's too expensive for me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sparta, t
“Don't waste your money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was very disappointed in our meal here. Way over priced, the waitress was not helpful, and food was mediocre. T- shirts were $35! Just not a good experience, maybe another one in another city might be better, but I probably will not try one.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nags Head
“outstanding happy hour at the bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

HUGEST wings I've ever had, local fresh (cheap) shrimp steamed with pickling spice and herbs, not your regular old shrimp. Awesome bartender. Great bloody marys. My only complaint is that they aren't year round.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“All fried. Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We assumed this place would be a simar chain to a crab shack. Our server was really nice and attentive but the food was not to our taste. They stopped serving all u can eat crab at 8 which was an initial disappointment. We ended up ordering a fish sandwhich, BBQ chicken plate, one of the seafood platters and soup in a bread bowl. Most of what we ordered came out deep fried. They even fried the corn on the cob. If that's what u like you might enjoy it here. We however were really disappointed with the food. It didn't seem fresh and it certainly wasn't a culinary masterpiece. Unless you like deep fried everything, go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013