“Rock Solid Fishing Rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

252-441-6575
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The best fishing on the Outer Banks! Whether you fish with the Rock Solid, the Carolina Blue, or the Southern Run, our captains will lead you to the fish and give you a fun day on the water!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Rock Solid Fishing Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Every year the family and I fish with Rock Solid Fishing. We come down to the OBX on our annual vacation and Rock Solid Fishing is a must-do! The captains are always warm and friendly. Our latest trip, in late July, was unfavorable in terms of weather. We trolled around looking for Cobia in the morning and caught a few that were too small to keep. The weather then turned sour and it started to rain. The captain decided it was unsafe to be out there and cut our trip short. The storm turned our full-day trip on the boat into a half-day trip. The captain said we only had to pay half-day price because of the weather. In our six years of fishing with Rock Solid Fishing, we have never had a bad time. It was still a fun day and we will continue to fish with Rock Solid Fishing.

“Best Captian Period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been fishing with Captian Kelly for 18 years. I have fished for stripers,red drum, trout, dolphin, amberjacks, sharks, and cobia. There is no better sight fishing guide on the beach. I have caught multiple citations of multiple species of fish with Captian Kelly. If you want to catch fish with a polite, knowledgeable, and all around great person u can't beat Rocksolid Fishing and Captian Aaron Kelly. Tight lines!!!!

Apex, North Carolina, United States
“Rock Solid was rock solid once again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my 4th trip on the Rock Solid going back over 10 years and each time it seems to get better. Captain Aaron Kelly got us hooked up right away with some big Cobia and then we got in to some Red Drum which were actually too big to keep! It's was a fun relaxing day of catching huge fish without getting beat up on the Gulf Stream for twice the price. My boys , 12 and 16, always have a great time and we came back with a cooler full of filets and great pictures. It is obvious that the local knowledge of the captain is a big advantage over other charters. Already planning a trip with them for winter stripers. Great time!

Visited July 2013
“Best fishing captain in Nags Head, hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boys and I have been fishing with Captain Aaron for over 10 years, He tailors every trip based on what what is biting and what interests us at the time. We look forward to our afternoon on the boat and catching up. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about fishing and the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills area. I am a single mom and he has been incredibly patient while I try and learn about fishing so I can keep up with my boys, even so far as to teach us knot tying and what baits work best off the beach and piers. We have learned a lot from him over the years. I do have to overlook the fact that he is a Steeler fan, guess we all have a flaw. :). This trip is the highlight of our vacation. I truly cannot say enough good things about Rock Solid Fishing.

FYI, if you need a great photographer for a family beach photo his wife has started an endeavor and is affordable and very talented.

Mac Arthur, West Virginia
“Don't waste your time!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I chose Rock Solid Fishing because of an ad we saw in the Visitor's Guide. The ad stated that this was the Best in the area. However, we disagree!!! The captain was over an hour late for our departure time, continuously drove around for the entire time minus the 20 minutes we actually stopped to fish, he cast the lines, and we were only allowed to touch the rods when it was time to reel in the very small fish. The boat we were on was not made for the amount of people we had, there was no sitting room except for two seats which were separate from one another. We were constantly reminded how it was not the captain's turn to take people out that he was filling in for someone else. During the trip we had to turn around to get gas and we also were brought back 30 minutes early. This trip was incredibly horrific and I would not waste my time nor my money on this company, their captains, and their claims to be the best.

Aaron K, Owner at Rock Solid Fishing, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
The captain that originally was supposed to take the trip had a family emergency and we provided a captain for them as soon as possible so they could make their day and not have to cancel. The customer showed up at the wrong marina making the trip start later than expected. The captain was told they wanted to fish for a specific fish, cobia, and the clients wanted to be in the ocean. This requires the captain to ride, look, and sightcast for the fish and due to the weather conditions it was difficult so they fished the bridge and caught smaller fish. The family on the boat was also getting sick so the captain took them in a little early. They also received a discounted trip since they were not happy and we had two separate conversations with the clients, listening to their dismay and apologizing for an inconvenience and explaining the situation to which they said they understood. It wasn't the captain not doing a good job, the rough weather and tough fishing played a major role in their disappointment.