“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Nags Head Cafe'

Old Nags Head Cafe'
3948 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 74 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally obtained seafood and fresh ingredients; traditional & contemporary southern cuisine
Boston
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friendly efficient service. Good food. Reasonable prices. Can't beat it. The waitress was fantastic.

Visited August 2013

Bristow, VA
“Have another glass of wine owner! Share some with your servers too!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We tryed to eat at this restaurant another night this week, owner was there and said power was out. The open sign was lit up though. Asked the owner where else he would eat. He said home. Came back 2 nights later. 1 other table at 6:30. Waitress was rude. Bartender was complaining to another employee. Chicken came out raw, no offer for compensation. Owner grabbed a glass of wine and went to the back. No apologies. Will never eat here again. Used to be good....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
M R, Owner at Old Nags Head Cafe', responded to this review, September 10, 2013
As the owner of Old Nags Head Café I feel I have to respond to this review since it mentions me personally. The café did experience a power surge from our electricity provider which shut down the entire power supply to the café forcing me to close. As far as this reviewer meeting me, having a discussion about this with me or being involved with me as the owner never happened.
As far as the wine comment is concerned I’m not even sure what they are trying to prove. Once again they mention the owner and as I have stated before this person has no clue who I am. We use wine in some of our recipes so a chef taking wine to the kitchen is not unusual.
I am sorry if this reviewer had a bad experience. If they would have requested to see the owner or a manager we would have been able to correct any issues to the best of our ability. Thank you.
Franklin, Virginia
“Now open for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good breakfast menu, fair prices, nice little restaurant - when the line is too long at Sam & Omies, ride up the beach road a bit for a good breakfast!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manns Harbor, North Carolina
“Excellent Fresh Local Seafood! (Best Grouper I have ever tasted)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Four of us met there for dinner last night. Our server was excellent and we learned that the seafood is fresh and local. We began with a starter of Coconut Shrimp, consisting of very large shrimp skewered lengthwise with just the right amount of coconut covering. Each one was at least 3 bites and cooked to perfection! My main was Grilled Grouper that was also cooked to perfection, with little brown, crispy edges and flaking, melt in your mouth goodness through and through. It was a large, thick piece of delicious Grouper. It sat atop yummy mashed potatoes with a delicious andouille cream sauce and a side of tasty asparagus. Everything about my meal was excellent! Others at the table had the same to say about their Shrimp and Grits and Crab Cake! One other person had the Grouper as well and agreed with me whole heartedly. We will eat there again tonight!

Grouper is one of my favourites and I have eaten it in many different restaurants over the years and this was certainly the best I have ever had (and I have had some excellent grouper!).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
prestonsburg
“Best breakfast in the Outer Banks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I hate to admit this but we have been going to the outer banks for years and have never had the really good breakfast experience there , This last trip was the best the breakfast was out standing . Old Nags head Café has the best breakfast in the outer banks good coffee and bacon plus eggs . The best I have had there . I cant sing their praises enough . Thanks O N H C. The service was great too !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere