“Great pizza!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I am gluten intolerant and was craving pizza. Maxximmuss is the only pizza place in the area offering a gluten free crust. If you've ever had the gf pizza from Brixx, the crust was extremely similar, but the pizza itself was better! I can't speak for the normal pizza, but my family seemed to enjoy it. The owner was extremely pleasant and would definitely go there again!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gross pizza, way better off going chain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We tried this pizza after a long weekend and we decided we'd stay in for the last night, boy was that a mistake. The pizza's were delivered on time, but the sauce/crust/toppings were not good. We ended up getting domino's after barely making it through a slice each.

Not much more to say, I would not order from here ever again!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were in Nags Head for the night and pulled the restaurant up on-line. Ordered a pizza (toppings according to website) and wings (hot and mild). Supreme - Pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, ham, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms I was told this was on their new menu (of which I didn t have because I am not from here, but the delivery driver should have left one, which he did not...But thats a little after the fact, don t you think?)Nowhere did it mention black olives in this list on THE WEBSITE. We received Black Olives all over the pizza. Our hot wings were cold and our mild wings were warm, BUT BBQ. Not only did they NOT offer to make it right when I DROVE IT BACK, but they also had me talk to the owner and he refused to make it right. I could have taken my items back to the hotel with me, but they already had had their hands in it, the night manager and the driver, without gloves. (Would you take it back? The night manager also broke open one of the chicken wings and took a bite.) They refused to remake because they said it would have to come out of their own pockets for the cost of the pizza. Oh, did I mention their large pizza was $25. A large pizza and 16 wings, $35.95. I now have to fight this charge with my credit card company because the OWNER and NIGHT MANAGER both refused to do the right thing. So patrons, be sure you know exactly what you are ordering because you WILL NOT get a refund.

Just as a note, the credit card companies will not dispute food charges, so if you think you will fight it that way, be aware, you still end up paying. Fortunately, because of the circumstances, our credit card did issue us a "courtesy" credit, which means that Maxximmuss will STILL get their money, which is WRONG!!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hertford, NC
“Really Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We ordered four pizza's for pickup - The Supreme, Pepperoni and Mushroom, White and Plain Cheese. We have tried other pizza's (perhaps twenty or so different restaurants over the years) on the Outer Banks and the Maxximmuss pies were by far the best (there is another great pizza on Mile Post 1, but that's another review.) Maxximmuss hand forms their dough (No pressed and pricked cardboard here) , adds a zesty sauce and an abundance of toppings. Really Good! - Exactly what we look for in a pizza. Four pizza's for what other restaurants charge for two out there - a great value! Earlier in the day we stopped for lunch and ordered a steak sub with cheese and an italian (which was not listed on the menu - so just ask.) We enjoyed both along with fries sitting in the sun on the picnic tables outside. Inside several large families were enjoying their lunch, all smiles and giggles. We will definitely order there again.

• Visited October 2011