“Kayaking trips” 5 of 5 stars

PA
37 attraction reviews
“Kayaking trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We took two kayaking trips through Kitty Hawks Kites. We booked them over the phone the day before, and never needed to show up at the store. They gave us directions as to where to meet the guide. We took the Bodie Island tour, and the Alligator River tour. Each guide was great, each taught us different things about the history and the environment of the specific kayaking area. The equipment was good quality gear in good shape. When we arrived at the Alligator River meeting spot, we noticed we were the only 2 people on the tour, and they did not cancel for just 2 people! Each area has it's own different draw, I'm glad we did both for comparison. You pay at the meeting site with a credit card, just show up, pay, and kayak!

Visited August 2011

6 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Great staff. Great adventure. We will be back for more!

East Lyme, Connecticut, USA
30 attraction reviews
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Knowing that I had planned a rigorous itinerary of siteseeing while on the Outer banks,I signed my two 14 yr old boys up for Hang Gliding school for a change of pace. They had an absolute blast, and did really well. Both boys attended the Hang Gliding lesson for about an hour, then headed for the hills. That afternoon it ended up being too windy, so the remainder of the lesson was cancelled. We were able to rebook for the following morning. When we showed up, they were able to skipped the indoor lesson part, gather their equipment and go right out to the dunes. Since it was early, they watched the gliders get set up. Andy and Bubba(?) were their instructors, and they were great. Very enthusiastic and encouraging. Their group had 4 people in it. Each person got two turns in a row before it went to the next person for a total of 5 turns. It looked very safe. The instructors each have a long tether to hold on to, and run down the dune with the flyer. Initially only one lets go. By the 5th time, they let the flyer have a solo attempt. I am not a thrill seeker, so I didn't sign myself up, but I probably could have done it without getting nervous.
Once again, our instructor Andy and all the others were amazing. Not only do they run down the dune with the flyer, but they also carry up the glider each time. No need for them to do any additional exercise!!

Visited April 2012
Charlotte,nc
“Hang gliding is AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great experience. Enjoy it with your friends. So much fun!!

Visited April 2012
Maryland
“Even more awesome in the winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've been hang gliding a couple of times in August at Jockey's Ridge and its been a lot of fun. The instructors are very knowledgeable and very patient.
But with a full class of 5 students to 1 instructor, you can only learn so much.
This January I went back and had 2 instructors to 1 student - me - and I learned so much more! Doing the 5 flights one after another means you can learn from your previous mistakes right away. By the end of the lesson I was beginning to think of the glider as a fun toy instead of a dangerous aircraft. Also, the wind is much better in the winter.
I will be back - off-season if I can!

Visited January 2012