“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Fee: Yes
6 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Great staff. Great adventure. We will be back for more!

East Lyme, Connecticut, USA
32 attraction reviews
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Knowing that I had planned a rigorous itinerary of siteseeing while on the Outer banks,I signed my two 14 yr old boys up for Hang Gliding school for a change of pace. They had an absolute blast, and did really well. Both boys attended the Hang Gliding lesson for about an hour, then headed for the hills. That afternoon it ended up being too windy, so the remainder of the lesson was cancelled. We were able to rebook for the following morning. When we showed up, they were able to skipped the indoor lesson part, gather their equipment and go right out to the dunes. Since it was early, they watched the gliders get set up. Andy and Bubba(?) were their instructors, and they were great. Very enthusiastic and encouraging. Their group had 4 people in it. Each person got two turns in a row before it went to the next person for a total of 5 turns. It looked very safe. The instructors each have a long tether to hold on to, and run down the dune with the flyer. Initially only one lets go. By the 5th time, they let the flyer have a solo attempt. I am not a thrill seeker, so I didn't sign myself up, but I probably could have done it without getting nervous.
Once again, our instructor Andy and all the others were amazing. Not only do they run down the dune with the flyer, but they also carry up the glider each time. No need for them to do any additional exercise!!

Visited April 2012
Charlotte,nc
“Hang gliding is AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great experience. Enjoy it with your friends. So much fun!!

Visited April 2012
Maryland
“Even more awesome in the winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've been hang gliding a couple of times in August at Jockey's Ridge and its been a lot of fun. The instructors are very knowledgeable and very patient.
But with a full class of 5 students to 1 instructor, you can only learn so much.
This January I went back and had 2 instructors to 1 student - me - and I learned so much more! Doing the 5 flights one after another means you can learn from your previous mistakes right away. By the end of the lesson I was beginning to think of the glider as a fun toy instead of a dangerous aircraft. Also, the wind is much better in the winter.
I will be back - off-season if I can!

Visited January 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
20 attraction reviews
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

The instructors were great! They really enjoy their jobs! Safe and fun. We will go back and do it again!

Visited April 2011