“Strip-mall superstar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill, Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Blue Moon Beach Grill is located at MP 13 in sunny, downtown Nags Head. We are just down the road from Jockey's Ridge in Surfside Plaza. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM till 9:00 PM. Our goal is to provide each customer with a "once in a blue moon" dining experience.
“Strip-mall superstar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We've had the pleasure of eating here yearly since its opening..,it has never failed to please each and every family member as well as guests. It's soo casual- a big plus at the beach! I always fall back to the fish tacos...some of the best I've ever had. So fresh! I can't fail to mention the side of black beans and rice....,the absolute best I've ever tasted! I don't know how this place has maintained it's consistency and quality, but it's hands-down our favorite "go-to" at Nags Head. When you find yourself surrounded by locals, you know you've hit the jackpot.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

North Carolina
“Great food in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent restaurant. Don't let their location in a basic strip mall fool you. The food and its preparation are first-rate. Their mahi BLT is one of my favorites. A little noisy, but great service and nice atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Good food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Like others have said, don't let the strip mall location fool you! We got there a little after 6 and we had a 15 min wait. Within 10min the wait was 35min. It was busy but the food was good! I got the Mahi Mahi BLT and it did not disappoint! My DS got the calamari was his main course. The spaghetti on the kids menu was very good. The atmosphere was loud and family friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A fun restaurant with great atmosphere and food. The walls are covered in local art which is for sale at a "reasonable price". They serve a variety of beer and alcoholic beverages. Being from Boston home of New England Clam Chowder we had to try the Crab soup which was good. Reminded me of a minestrone soup. For my meal, I love the Carribean Jerk Chicken on Rice and beans which were flavorful. Good sized portions and great service. Our drinks were being refilled without us noticing. This will definitely be one of my regular stops in the Outer banks!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, VA
“Oysters? Yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Been wanting to try Blue Moon for several years, we just never got around to it, but finally decided to make it a point. Lunch it was. Laid back decor with a beach flair, inviting and clean. Starting off with an appetizer of Oysters Rockefeller.... WOW, simply amazing. Lunch entree of fried oyster, which we asked for an extra plate. When our entree arrived it was plated on two separate plates the size of the Hindenberg. I asked if there was an error that possibly an order for two was put in~ Not the case. Sad to say I could not finish my "half order" of oysters, fries and cole slaw. Food was hot, fresh, and local. Service was well above average, and it's certain to become a "go to" while at the Banks. Well done, Blue Moon Beach Grill, very well done indeed.

• Visited May 2013