“Great place for quick getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7218 S Virginia Dare Trail, PO Box 367 MP 16 1/2, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
Virginia
“Great place for quick getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was looking for last minute place to stay Labor Day weekend in Nags Head that accepted pets. Was able to find a room for Sunday and Monday night, only $10 pet fee a night, and right across the street from Jennette's Pier. Room was small, but cozy. Liked the laminate floors versus carpet, although seemed the sand just spread all over the room. Only thing of concern- the grassy areas to walk the dog at night are not the best lit- did not like walking her after dark. Will definitely stay again! And for those that don't know...Nags Head allows dogs on the beach year round, regardless time of day!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I picked this inn for it's high ratings on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. We arrived in Nag's Head at 4 pm and checked in right away. We received a room on the second floor which I was glad for since I felt they kept people with pets on the ground floor. The room is about as small as could be but they somehow managed to fit in a queen bed, a small table, two side tables and a dresser. Now, keep in mind when you book this place that it does smell a bit musty. It's a beach inn. It's going to be that way and I don't think you can get around that. It didn't kick up my allergies so I don't think it's a real issue anyway. The bathroom is tiny with the smallest shower I've ever been in. That being said, this was a good value for the money. The inn is right across the street from Jeanette's Pier and the beach and is centrally located for walking to various restaurants and eateries. I have no qualms about re-booking here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn, Nags Head in June for my Niece's wedding. We stayed in one of the cottage units and were very content with the accommodations. We had three queen size beds which were very comfortable, a full size refrigerator and a stove. The hotel is located right across highway 12 from the beach, Jeannette’s Pier and a convenient market. “Sam and Omies” is right next door for breakfast. There are plenty of other restaurants and shops nearby. Free Coffee was provided at the office. The wedding was at Jeannette’s Pier which was a wonderful venue for a beach wedding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

What a great value for this little place. My girlfriend, along with two Corgis and I, stayed here during the peak tourist season and found it to be a perfect location between the Cape Hatteras and Currituck Lighthouses, (our destinations). Finding a Pet Friendly hotel on the Outer Banks can be daunting, but if you come across this place on your search, this is the place you're looking for. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The beach is a short walk across the street, as well as Jeannette's Pier. The staff is very friendly and helpful with anything you may need. The room came with a hair dryer, Iron, and full sized ironing board, for those last minute touch ups. Our room had a medium sized fridge and a very nice flat screen TV.
If you plan on seeing both north and south beaches of the OBX, this is in the middle of both of those. There is so much to do on the OBX, looking for a Pet Friendly hotel should't be a challenge. The only small drawback was the shower, is really is small, but if you are there to sight see and hit the beaches, the shower is the least of your concerns. Our next trip to the Outer banks will definitely include Rodeway Inn!!

Room Tip: Third floor has beach and sound views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I surprisingly enjoyed our stay here! All we were looking for a cheap place to sleep while not at the beach.

The positives:
The location is stellar. It's not technically a beachfront hotel, but it is situated across a pedestrian-friendly road. The public beach wasn't too crowded and was next to Jeanette Pier, which seems to be a popular fishing joint. Immediately across from the hotel is a small convenience/grocery store. About the room itself, we paid $140/night for a room with one king-sized bed. Our room was also equipped with a microwave and small minifridge, which was extremely convenient. The wifi connection is decent. We were able to effectively research some restaurants/touristy sites online, but the wifi is not fast enough to stream a TV show or movie. Luckily, our room had a TV with a wide selection of channels including Showtime.

The negatives:
The bathroom is tiny and the water takes a very, very long time to heat up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Room was tiny and smelled of feet! I stayed there years ago and the hotel had a pool. The used to be pool area was covered with sand and had picnic table. If I knew that I would have stayed somewhere that was on the beach with a pool. $220 for 1 night is a bit much for tiny basic room that was not on the beach. My two bedroom beachfront apartment was better than this for under $200 per night but was unavailable when I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brent S, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Steph24572

Thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. I do see that it seems you left a poor review for the other hotel you mentioned in your review as well, so not sure what expectations you had here?

We strive for a great stay for each guest, every time, they come to our hotel. You booked a standard size room of which is approx. 240 square feet, we have a wide variety of rooms available including a 750 square foot, 2 bedroom suite with living room, kitchen and bathroom with a whirlpool tub, or king suite that has a king bed and pull out sofa bed and is approx. 411 square feet, if you need more space we encourage to try one of our larger room next visit and it may suit your needs better. We have certainly addressed your concerns with smells and we do our best make sure each room has a fresh clean scent and apologize for not being as such.

Thanks for your review
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My girlfriend, myself, & our dog decided to go to the OBX on a whim. I searched the web on a Sunday afternoon & found what I thought was the best & most affordable deal. Pet friendly rentals are hard to find, especially on short notice. I booked a room for the next 3 days. We didn't have high expectations for the room b/c of the last minute deal. When we arrived, however, we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room exceeded all of our expectations! It was extremely clean & had views of the ocean & the sound. Beach access was directly across the street along with a public fishing pier. If I had to point out any negatives, it would be that the showers are rather small & it takes a few minutes for the water to heat up. We gladly accepted these minor details & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent & friendly. The room was affordable, clean, & very comfortable. Much more than we expected, & we will absolutely make reservations here the next time we're heading to the OBX. I would refer this hotel to anyone wanting to bring their pet to the beach & enjoy the OBX with the "entire" family!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear SweenyT

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are all happy you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to coming back to visit us again

Thanks Again

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!