“Great Cheap and clean!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7218 S Virginia Dare Trail, PO Box 367 MP 16 1/2, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Cheap and clean!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for three nights in august. Across the street from jeanette's pier. good location for walking or driving. Rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. Great that we could take our dog with us, the place was very dog friendly!!! Couldn't be a better value anyway on the outerbanks!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms were quiet and had a nice view from the outside corridor with chairs for lounging.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BecB_10

Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Housekeeping did not make up our "suite" the morning of our two night stay. Dirty towels were not taken and beds were not made. I was surprised that a Choice Hotel did not offer some type of breakfast. Very disappointed for the price we paid.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bar613
Brent S, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Barbara B

I am very sorry your expectations fell short on your stay. We strive for a happy guest each time they visit us. I would like to point out though that only reason your room did not receive the services you mentioned is that you had placed your "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on your door and of course housekeeping did not enter the room.

We are sorry for the misunderstanding and our on-site manager did offer to come and do whatever service your room required when you called to the lobby but you told her you didn't want it done. So I am at a loss for the poor review to our hotel based on these circumstances, but never the less apologize for your unhappiness.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The Rodeway Inn was able to accommodate my fiancé and I in short notice and even gave a discount since we would be checking in so late. They were very nice and the rooms were clean. What I really liked, was that the staff left our room key taped on the lobby door in an envelope for when we arrived since the lobby was closed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Rprah
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

So I researched a bunch of hotels based on price, location, and reviews.

This was the best bang for my buck when I visited. So, the check in is at 1500 but I arrived at 1400 and my room was ready. There are no elevators and 3 floors so older people should keep that in mind.

The room itself is excellent. There are chairs outside for lounging. The conventional AC is new and efficient. The room is well decorated and clean. The bed is absolutely horrible. The middle was sunken and squeaky. There is a hairdryer in the room, an iron, coffee maker, LCD TV, large mirrors, mini fridge and microwave. The comforters are NOT washed frequently.

If foot steps above you bother you, try to get a 3rd floor room because I walk softly but I'm sure it was loud for those below me. There is an icemaker near the office where the morning coffee is served plus tourist info. The pool is closed after Labor Day. There is a grocery store directly across the street and Sam and Omie's is directly next door. There is a 7/11 in walking distance as well as a Citgo. The beach is directly across the street at Jeanette's Pier.

I was going to rate this place 4 stars except an employee named Kristen or Krista really irritated me. She was exceptionally rude. This was my only gripe with this hotel, otherwise I would come again and again. The owner drives a Maserati which is cool and he's pretty nice. The woman with glasses who checked me in was the nicest person at this motel (9/7/11 at 1400).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank NYKbasketball
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We literally just checked out today and Im on my iphone, writing this review.

This is one great surprise esp since it was my husband who made the reservations a day before we arrived. I was a little nervous when he sent me the email, confirming the reservation, seeing the tiny inn/hotel photo. I usually dont trust him with reservations but this one blew me away! I had to go to Tripadvisor to check the reviews, which were all promising!

Still I was nervous!
We arrived and met gracious Becky at front desk, who allowed us to check in 3 hrs earlier. That was bonus enough, having driven 8hrs from NJ with a dog.

As soon as we got to our room, voila! A pleasany surprise. It was kinda small for 2 adults, a 7-yo girl, and a dog but the cleanliness made up for all of it. Ive been traumatized by bed bugs we brought from a hotel in Rome so I checked the beds, which had sheets that were crisp and clean. (i think they actually WASH comforters with each visit).

The bathroom was clean, so was the sink.

Coffee also mattered so it was helpful that there was free coffee at 0700-1000.

Of course, the most important is the location!!! It is just right beside or across everything! Across the beach and Jeanette's pier, where they had a surfing competition. Its right beside a restaurant (Sam and Omie's), an ice cream place (Fat Boyz), and across a grocery. Of course, too, its a few miles away from other great restaurants.

So am I coming back? Definitely! Ive fallen in love with Nags Head and the rest of the Outer Banks!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank WanderingKaat
Lansdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel was very close to beach and a good value for the money. Hotel was old and certainly not fancy. However, it was clean and neat with the exception of mildew on shower curtain. Mentioned it at check out and I'm sure it was corrected. Good internet connection. Only negative was family in adjoining room. We were awakened in the middle of the night by a blaring TV for about half hour. So loud I could follow dialogue of show. Adjoining restaurant was excellent also. Do not pass this hotel up because of its age.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This Rodeway inn exceeded my expectations! Located in the BEST location, right across from Janette's pier, next to a fantastic all day restaurant and across from a super convenient market. The views from the balcony were great and the free morning coffee service was awesome! It was set in the right place when I went running in the morning because it had sidewalks on both sides of the hotel and a beach right across the street so it was very easy access. The only downer was that the pool was not filled and our room was sort of small for 3 of us... but we were looking into reserving one of the beach cottages for a future stay possibly. The little gift shop was cute and everyone was so friendly. Really a great place to relax and spend vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rara1128
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nags Head
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#8 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
3.5 of 5 stars 1,857 reviews
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#2 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 613 reviews
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel...
#6 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 833 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#1 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 596 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!