“Short Notice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7218 S Virginia Dare Trail, PO Box 367 MP 16 1/2, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Nags Head
“Short Notice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The Rodeway Inn was able to accommodate my fiancé and I in short notice and even gave a discount since we would be checking in so late. They were very nice and the rooms were clean. What I really liked, was that the staff left our room key taped on the lobby door in an envelope for when we arrived since the lobby was closed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

So I researched a bunch of hotels based on price, location, and reviews.

This was the best bang for my buck when I visited. So, the check in is at 1500 but I arrived at 1400 and my room was ready. There are no elevators and 3 floors so older people should keep that in mind.

The room itself is excellent. There are chairs outside for lounging. The conventional AC is new and efficient. The room is well decorated and clean. The bed is absolutely horrible. The middle was sunken and squeaky. There is a hairdryer in the room, an iron, coffee maker, LCD TV, large mirrors, mini fridge and microwave. The comforters are NOT washed frequently.

If foot steps above you bother you, try to get a 3rd floor room because I walk softly but I'm sure it was loud for those below me. There is an icemaker near the office where the morning coffee is served plus tourist info. The pool is closed after Labor Day. There is a grocery store directly across the street and Sam and Omie's is directly next door. There is a 7/11 in walking distance as well as a Citgo. The beach is directly across the street at Jeanette's Pier.

I was going to rate this place 4 stars except an employee named Kristen or Krista really irritated me. She was exceptionally rude. This was my only gripe with this hotel, otherwise I would come again and again. The owner drives a Maserati which is cool and he's pretty nice. The woman with glasses who checked me in was the nicest person at this motel (9/7/11 at 1400).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We literally just checked out today and Im on my iphone, writing this review.

This is one great surprise esp since it was my husband who made the reservations a day before we arrived. I was a little nervous when he sent me the email, confirming the reservation, seeing the tiny inn/hotel photo. I usually dont trust him with reservations but this one blew me away! I had to go to Tripadvisor to check the reviews, which were all promising!

Still I was nervous!
We arrived and met gracious Becky at front desk, who allowed us to check in 3 hrs earlier. That was bonus enough, having driven 8hrs from NJ with a dog.

As soon as we got to our room, voila! A pleasany surprise. It was kinda small for 2 adults, a 7-yo girl, and a dog but the cleanliness made up for all of it. Ive been traumatized by bed bugs we brought from a hotel in Rome so I checked the beds, which had sheets that were crisp and clean. (i think they actually WASH comforters with each visit).

The bathroom was clean, so was the sink.

Coffee also mattered so it was helpful that there was free coffee at 0700-1000.

Of course, the most important is the location!!! It is just right beside or across everything! Across the beach and Jeanette's pier, where they had a surfing competition. Its right beside a restaurant (Sam and Omie's), an ice cream place (Fat Boyz), and across a grocery. Of course, too, its a few miles away from other great restaurants.

So am I coming back? Definitely! Ive fallen in love with Nags Head and the rest of the Outer Banks!

• Stayed September 2012
Lansdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel was very close to beach and a good value for the money. Hotel was old and certainly not fancy. However, it was clean and neat with the exception of mildew on shower curtain. Mentioned it at check out and I'm sure it was corrected. Good internet connection. Only negative was family in adjoining room. We were awakened in the middle of the night by a blaring TV for about half hour. So loud I could follow dialogue of show. Adjoining restaurant was excellent also. Do not pass this hotel up because of its age.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This Rodeway inn exceeded my expectations! Located in the BEST location, right across from Janette's pier, next to a fantastic all day restaurant and across from a super convenient market. The views from the balcony were great and the free morning coffee service was awesome! It was set in the right place when I went running in the morning because it had sidewalks on both sides of the hotel and a beach right across the street so it was very easy access. The only downer was that the pool was not filled and our room was sort of small for 3 of us... but we were looking into reserving one of the beach cottages for a future stay possibly. The little gift shop was cute and everyone was so friendly. Really a great place to relax and spend vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We made a last minute decision to go to the Outer Banks and were looking for a place that wasn't ridiculously overpriced. We found this place through TripAdvisor and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was! We got a suite which was a little cabin across the parking lot from the hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The kitchenette was small, but still useful. The bathroom is pretty tiny but adequate. The small shower was okay, but my wife had a tough time shaving in its tight confines. Everything was well-kept, but don't expect luxurious appointments. The location of the hotel was perfect for us. We had no problem walking across the street to hit the beach or visit Jeanettes. It also gave us easy access west to Roanoke Island, north to Kitty Hawk, or south to Hatteras and some of the quieter beaches. We are looking forward to coming back to the Outer Banks (next time with more planning) and will absolutely stay again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

you sometimes don't know what you're getting into when you book a motel room but this time, we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The staff in the office was very friendly. It was pet friendly (which I love) and there were two beautiful and friendly chocolate labs in the office. (GREAT touch and soooo welcoming. Who wouldn't want to be met with such beautiful, wagging tailed, happy dogs?) It was a very enjoyable stay and would definitely book this hotel again! Oh, and another nice surprise. My daughter and family checked in the following day and were put in a room right next to ours. Even when we call in advance somewhere else, we normally can't make that happen. Kind of a miracle to us :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!