“Relaxing stay :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
You added Oasis Suites Hotel to your Saves list
7721 South Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head Causeway, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gloucester, Virginia
“Relaxing stay :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 nights and it was wonderful. The staff were friendly, the room was very comfortable, the king sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud, and jetted tub was wonderful. We were on the second floor overlooking the sound and it was very relaxing to sit and have coffee in the morning. I would highly recommend the Oasis for anyone wanting a clean, comfortable, and relaxing stay away for a few days. We will definitely be going back in the future!

Room Tip: 205 was our room, the 2 king size beds and the leather sleeper sofa were excellent. Amazing views fr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments.
It was indeed a pleasure serving you and your family.
We look forward to having you return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed there for just one nite in June 2013, at the Honeymoon Suite. Absolutely lovely room, wow, just the neatest mix of taupe colored walls, dark stained floors, nice white trim, archways, half-columns on the wall, jacuzzi tub for two, nice leather couch and chair, the leather lounge chair in the bedroom sitting area, and even all the furniture from the bathroom sink to the decor was just exquisite.

Private balcony overlooking the water, way cool. Inside the room is very quiet, though do be aware that this place is right on a very busy highway, so when outside enjoying your balcony or the lovely dock, gazebo, or outdoor pool and hot tub, you're going to hear some pretty major road noise. Impacts the overall quality of the stay a touch, but not necessarily a deal killer, especially since we didn't see anything comparable to this place in our search.

Was a touch surprised no bath robes for the "Honeymoon Suite," but didn't mind either since we'd happened to have brought our own anyway. Oh, and bring your own bath salts or suds if that's important to you, as they don't provide that either, another bit of a surprise to us, but ehh, did just fine without it.

Expensive, especially during the busy season where just about every single room in the OBX was booked, but about right for the quality and waterfront aspect. Granted, it's sound front, not ocean, but still a very nice, relaxing water front location nonetheless. You have to think, too, that just the cost to clean this whole place has got to be huge - the extra square footage, that big tub (I learned that they fill it and clean it with solution between every single stay!), lots of work to be sure. So when you factor that in, it makes at least some sense. Good for a splurge on a romantic occasion.

Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this property. The staff was pleasant, but for the price ($900/3 nights on holiday weekend) I expected this to be more in line with other boutique inns where I've stayed. The first impression was nice but there just wasn't the attention to details that we expect from a $300/night inn.

First, there were ants on the sofa in our room, so many that we had them on us after sitting down for just a few minutes. Second, the coffee pot had used coffee in it when we arrived and had to be replaced twice because it was inoperable. Third, little things that make a stay nice were lacking, e.g. a notepad and pen weren't supplied in the room (a tip envelope for housekeeping was), the shower head was the base-base model (looked and felt like something from an outdoor shower), the kitchen table was significantly water stained, the appliances (coffee pot, tv, hair dryer) were bottom of the line, the shower had a mildew/mold around the caulk, etc.

None of these issues were big enough to prompt us to leave and we enjoyed our weekend at the beach. The kitchen had ample utensils and dinnerware. The beds were comfortable and the black-out curtains were great. Again the staff was very pleasant. The ants were addressed the next day by management using ant traps, which we appreciated since we travel with a toddler and did not want the room to be filled with bug spray. The coffee pot had to be replaced twice, once due to the carafe being broken and again because the unit simply didn't work.

We will probably try another place next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I booked a trip in the off season for a quick weekend getaway. I looked into condos and beachfront properties, but it was either too expensive or the beachfront hotels looked old and worn down. I knew I would be spending more time indoors than outdoors, so I wanted a property that was clean, modern and comfortable. Oasis Suites fit the bill. Normally, the price of this hotel is a bit out of my price range, but it was a lot more affordable during the off season. Furthermore, as much as I would have loved a sound front room, I compromised and chose the top floor, corner executive suite that faced out onto the sound AND onto the road facing oncoming traffic. I crossed my fingers that the noise wouldn't be distracting.

The room was spacious, clean and felt like a very comfortable apartment/condo. The ceilings were high and the windows were expansive. Cool wooden floors. Temperature controlled AC. There are large, heavy drapes to offer privacy and cover the bright sun in the morning. The kitchen area had a stove, oven, microwave, full refrigerator, and plenty of silverware, cutlery, serving utensils, plates, cups, etc for a guest to use. A small dining table was more than sufficient for the two of us. The living room area had a flat screen TV with a leather sofa and seat. The bathroom had a jet bathtub, separate shower. There was a sink inside the bathroom and an additional sink outside of the bathroom, great for a quick clean of hands or rinsing. The bedroom also had drapes, a flat screen TV, and the king bed was very comfortable.

The balcony in our room faced out onto the gazebo and traffic. It was nice to sit out both during the day and night, but be aware that the traffic noise is apparent and at times loud during the day. Much better at night. It was nice to watch people fish off the little bridge right in front of our room. In the room, you can hear traffic, but it does slow down at night so we were able to get restful sleep. If you are sensitive to noise, then I would recommend a room facing the sound. It might be too much if you are in a road facing room.

The exercise room is small, but adequate if you want to get in a quick treadmill run. The lobby area had free coffee and tea, and packaged pastries in the morning. Nothing spectacular, but there if you need a caffeine fix quickly.

The location is very convenient. It is close to Jeanette's Pier which has a free parking lot. It is also close to the outlets, and we always stop at J Crew Factory for good deals. We opted to drive out a little further for our restaurant choices, as the reviews were mixed for some of the places nearby. We enjoyed our hearty breakfast at Sam and Omie's, had a good casual lunch at Tortugas, and a great dinner with a surprisingly upscale menu at Blue Moon Grill. I highly recommend those places.

All in all, I would highly recommend Oasis Suites. If you are on a budget, I would wait for the off season to take advantage of such a nice place.

Room Tip: Choose sound front if you are sensitive to noise. If you are on a budget and still want sound view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Quinton, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked a waterfront room on a whim as a surprise for my Fiance'. We were hesitant to stay on the "sound side" but figured it was worth a shot, especially in a "boutique hotel". Our initial impression was very good. We were greeted with a warm North Carolina welcome, told of all of the local fare (even though we've been coming to the Outer Banks since we were kids). After dinner at the "Tail of the Whale" we came back to retire for the evening. Surprise, surprise, there was no sheet on the bed! I called down to the front desk and they were very surprised and two ladies came up and took care of that problem. While we waited for them to put a sheet on the bed we went on the "balcony" to have a cigarette....no table on the balcony...at all. Am I expecting too much here? The light fixture on the balcony was rusted to the point that it was flaking off rust. I should say that the suite itself was beautiful, nicely appointed, granite in the kitchen, hardwood floors, very nice mattresses and pillows, etc....Then you go to the bathroom. No towel hook at all near the shower, it's across the room. Average stiff towels....no bath mat for the tile floor...and cheap, single ply, gas station toilet paper detract from the perceived value. After two days we had to move to another room across the hall. When I say this was "on the road" this was ON THE ROAD. LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. Bird crap was all over the balcony, on the railings, on the chairs, and did it mention that it is LOUD? A quick call to the front desk sent housekeeping up to clean the balcony. She didn't do a very good job as there was still crap all over the floor (she did clean it off the railing) and on several of the chairs. After this little fiasco we tried to go lay down for a bit. Nothing doing. If we had been trying to sleep in the parking lot it would not have been any louder. Disappointed...we packed up our stuff and loaded up the car....couldn't stand it. I told the clerk at the front desk and she called the owner/manager. They offered to refund half of my money on the last night and I accepted. Overall impression...Not Bad...but not good...unless you get water front.

Room Tip: DO NOT ACCEPT A ROAD SIDE ROOM...unless you are used to living in the city...and the sound of traffi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past few years...it is always up scale and first class. I enjoy the no stress enviorment here, everyone of the employees I came into contact with was happy and in a good mood. The balcony has chairs which overlook the sound. I enjoyed coffee in the mornings and a glass of wine in the evenings. I recommend this for anyone traveling through the area or here on a vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I were married in June 2012 at Jennette's Pier, we spent the remainder of our time in the Outer Banks at Oasis Suites in the Honeymoon Suite. The accommodations were amazing, bed was so comfortable, we had couple's massages, it was quiet and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!