“Great getaway in the off season” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
Save Saved
You added Oasis Suites Hotel to your Saves list
7721 South Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head Causeway, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
Long Island City, New York
“Great getaway in the off season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I booked a trip in the off season for a quick weekend getaway. I looked into condos and beachfront properties, but it was either too expensive or the beachfront hotels looked old and worn down. I knew I would be spending more time indoors than outdoors, so I wanted a property that was clean, modern and comfortable. Oasis Suites fit the bill. Normally, the price of this hotel is a bit out of my price range, but it was a lot more affordable during the off season. Furthermore, as much as I would have loved a sound front room, I compromised and chose the top floor, corner executive suite that faced out onto the sound AND onto the road facing oncoming traffic. I crossed my fingers that the noise wouldn't be distracting.

The room was spacious, clean and felt like a very comfortable apartment/condo. The ceilings were high and the windows were expansive. Cool wooden floors. Temperature controlled AC. There are large, heavy drapes to offer privacy and cover the bright sun in the morning. The kitchen area had a stove, oven, microwave, full refrigerator, and plenty of silverware, cutlery, serving utensils, plates, cups, etc for a guest to use. A small dining table was more than sufficient for the two of us. The living room area had a flat screen TV with a leather sofa and seat. The bathroom had a jet bathtub, separate shower. There was a sink inside the bathroom and an additional sink outside of the bathroom, great for a quick clean of hands or rinsing. The bedroom also had drapes, a flat screen TV, and the king bed was very comfortable.

The balcony in our room faced out onto the gazebo and traffic. It was nice to sit out both during the day and night, but be aware that the traffic noise is apparent and at times loud during the day. Much better at night. It was nice to watch people fish off the little bridge right in front of our room. In the room, you can hear traffic, but it does slow down at night so we were able to get restful sleep. If you are sensitive to noise, then I would recommend a room facing the sound. It might be too much if you are in a road facing room.

The exercise room is small, but adequate if you want to get in a quick treadmill run. The lobby area had free coffee and tea, and packaged pastries in the morning. Nothing spectacular, but there if you need a caffeine fix quickly.

The location is very convenient. It is close to Jeanette's Pier which has a free parking lot. It is also close to the outlets, and we always stop at J Crew Factory for good deals. We opted to drive out a little further for our restaurant choices, as the reviews were mixed for some of the places nearby. We enjoyed our hearty breakfast at Sam and Omie's, had a good casual lunch at Tortugas, and a great dinner with a surprisingly upscale menu at Blue Moon Grill. I highly recommend those places.

All in all, I would highly recommend Oasis Suites. If you are on a budget, I would wait for the off season to take advantage of such a nice place.

Room Tip: Choose sound front if you are sensitive to noise. If you are on a budget and still want sound view...

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Quinton, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked a waterfront room on a whim as a surprise for my Fiance'. We were hesitant to stay on the "sound side" but figured it was worth a shot, especially in a "boutique hotel". Our initial impression was very good. We were greeted with a warm North Carolina welcome, told of all of the local fare (even though we've been coming to the Outer Banks since we were kids). After dinner at the "Tail of the Whale" we came back to retire for the evening. Surprise, surprise, there was no sheet on the bed! I called down to the front desk and they were very surprised and two ladies came up and took care of that problem. While we waited for them to put a sheet on the bed we went on the "balcony" to have a cigarette....no table on the balcony...at all. Am I expecting too much here? The light fixture on the balcony was rusted to the point that it was flaking off rust. I should say that the suite itself was beautiful, nicely appointed, granite in the kitchen, hardwood floors, very nice mattresses and pillows, etc....Then you go to the bathroom. No towel hook at all near the shower, it's across the room. Average stiff towels....no bath mat for the tile floor...and cheap, single ply, gas station toilet paper detract from the perceived value. After two days we had to move to another room across the hall. When I say this was "on the road" this was ON THE ROAD. LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. Bird crap was all over the balcony, on the railings, on the chairs, and did it mention that it is LOUD? A quick call to the front desk sent housekeeping up to clean the balcony. She didn't do a very good job as there was still crap all over the floor (she did clean it off the railing) and on several of the chairs. After this little fiasco we tried to go lay down for a bit. Nothing doing. If we had been trying to sleep in the parking lot it would not have been any louder. Disappointed...we packed up our stuff and loaded up the car....couldn't stand it. I told the clerk at the front desk and she called the owner/manager. They offered to refund half of my money on the last night and I accepted. Overall impression...Not Bad...but not good...unless you get water front.

Room Tip: DO NOT ACCEPT A ROAD SIDE ROOM...unless you are used to living in the city...and the sound of traffi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past few years...it is always up scale and first class. I enjoy the no stress enviorment here, everyone of the employees I came into contact with was happy and in a good mood. The balcony has chairs which overlook the sound. I enjoyed coffee in the mornings and a glass of wine in the evenings. I recommend this for anyone traveling through the area or here on a vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I were married in June 2012 at Jennette's Pier, we spent the remainder of our time in the Outer Banks at Oasis Suites in the Honeymoon Suite. The accommodations were amazing, bed was so comfortable, we had couple's massages, it was quiet and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We came to the Outer Banks having really no idea what to expect, but we wanted a "nice" room, so we opted for the Oasis Suites. Because in the photos on their website they had chairs on the balcony. Seriously - that's why. I just wanted to sit on the balcony overlooking the water and have my tea in the morning and cocktails at sunset. A girl can dream.

I was so windy that it never really happened comfortably - tho I tried! But no matter, the room was beautiful. The beds were comfortable. The spa tub was most welcome. And the desk staff was so sweet and helpful. And the location turned out to be perfect for us. I will generally always choose oceanfront when available, but I really didn't want to stay at a major hotel chain and the independent beach places all looked really run down - especially given the money they wanted. It wasn't quite season yet and it was super windy & cold, so I knew we wouldn't make it to the beach, anyway. This way, I was still on the water (get a room in the back) and close to all of the places we wanted to go.

The only downside is the walls are super thin. I heard the guy in the next room snoring! Luckily, there was another bed in the living room (hence the plural beds). There was a wedding party there during our stay. I would suggest, for those prices, that the property be adults only. Thin walls and wailing children suck.

I'd still go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with on the sound, not the highway side.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife here for our 12th wedding anniversary as a weekend get away. It was great the room was very nice and the service was excellent. My wife was very pleased. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks for the chocolate covered strawberries they were great.

• Stayed May 2013
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed at the Oasis our wedding night....it was a great place to stay....very clean....the staff were very nice and helpful....we enjoyed our stayed and will definitely be back....the furnishings were great and it was very spacious....we stayed on the water side and the balcony was a great touch.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in room 301. It was great because it was a corner suite....it was nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!