“Great stay over Labor Day weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Oasis Suites Hotel
7721 South Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head Causeway, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
VA
“Great stay over Labor Day weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked a suite at the Oasis Suites over Labor Day weekend and had an absolutely wonderful stay. The place is beautiful with great views of the sound, kept very clean and are nicely sized suites. The suite included a full sized fridge as well as a stove top and microwave for cooking/heating up food. There was a small dining room table with four chairs as well as a queen sized bed, pull out couch and a chair all in the sitting room. It seems like an odd layout with all of the furniture, but it's actually situated very nicely. There was also a balcony that was nice to sit out on. We went to the pool both days during our stay and there were barely any people there. The second day we had the pool all to ourselves and were able to enjoy drinks and music while lounging in the pool after a day at the beach. We had a terrible experience at Millers Waterfront Restaurant Saturday night, so we decided to grill out on Sunday night for dinner. We bought some fish at a local seafood store and used the grill at the Oasis to make dinner. The grill wasn't working all that well (the heat didn't go up past about 200 degrees), but we were able to finish cooking the fish in a pan before eating it. They also provided grilling utensils for us to use, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend Oasis to anyone that is looking for a nice, relaxing stay in OBX. The front desk staff was also extremely friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I truly appreciate your coomments. Our guests are our Number #1 priority. I did check out the grill and there was a little problem. Our maintenance man has since taken care of it. Thank you for letting us know. We truly appreicate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I (and our 8 and 10 year old daughters) spent a week at the Oasis Suites based on the strong recommendation of my neighbor and we had a great time. The property and the rooms were beautiful and tastefully decorated. The rooms (and the bathroom) were good sized and the kitchen had everything we needed. Our suite also backed up to the sound and had a great view. There is also free wi-fi which was strong enough that there was no delay in internet web pages loading.

The staff was fabulous. Peggy and Lorraine were always friendly and available with recommendations and really seemed to care about making sure that everyone enjoys their stay. The housekeepers were quick, thorough and one day early in our stay we came back to find our kids stuffed animals carefully tucked under the blankets with mints and a note from our housekeeper Nancy. The "animals" were taken care of through the rest of our stay. It was the little things like this that made our stay that much more enjoyable.

On the backside of the property there is a nice boardwalk with built-in benches on the sound where guests can fish and catch crabs. My daughters really wanted to hunt for crabs so Peggy brought us bait (chicken legs) and her granddaughter taught us how to "crab", which was a lot of fun.

We were also very happy with the location. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance of the property, but most of the things that we wanted to do were within close driving distance. Jeanette's Pier and the main beaches were literally only a few minutes away by car.

The property is on a busy street, but we did not hear any traffic noise in our room. There are also a number of covered parking spaces, which came in handy when storms rolled through.

We are definitely planning to return to the Oasis Suites for another vacation.

Room Tip: Pick a suite that faces the sound.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Outstanding accommodation - stunning views over the water - exceptionally well equipped suite - helpful, friendly staff - I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting this part of the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: If possible get a water view with balcony!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have stayed at many places from hotels to homes over the years that we have vacationed in the OBX but have found the best place yet. The staff was very helpful in giving us tips on places to shop, eat, and to rent fishing equipment.

The room and hotel were as beautiful in person as they were online. Our room was wonderful and accommodated 5 of us very well. It offered most everything that we wanted and obviously had been well thought out with a lot of attention the detail. I would liked to have seen an absorbent rug inside of the door for the water dragged in from the pool/rainy conditions and our shoes since the floors are wooden and I spent time going around with a towel wiping up the floor. Also to keep the towels organized and able to use them more than once with 5 of us in the room maybe one long rack of hooks, a few towel holders, or a multi rack in the bathroom to accommodate a families fresh and wet towels would be helpful and cut down laundry for the hotel. There is a double rack and a couple of sets of hooks but not enough for all of our families towels. We were hanging them all over the room to dry after the pool and showers they got mixed up and we had to ask for clean ones causing more laundry for the staff. Those were the only two things that I found that I would have liked. I must follow that up by saying that they really haven't missed a beat on other details, most places have lots that they haven't thought of.

The housekeepers came in while I was cooking breakfast and tag teamed our room and were in and out very quickly leaving things nice and clean.

Amazing place to stay! You must check it out! We can't wait to go back. Judy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend on a last minute stay in the Outer Banks. It is located on a sound and has a very nice balcony view. It is a small hotel with, I believe 16 suites. It is on the pricey side, which is part of the reason we only stayed one night, but the room was immaculately clean and the amenities were above and beyond with 2 king beds, a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub, a great view with a private balcony, flat screen tvs, a small sitting area, and all hardwood floors. The beds were also very comfortable. I was definitely very sad that I only stayed here one night, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

On the causeway in Nags Head, this beautiful property has real elegance to it. We attended a small business meeting at the Oasis, enjoyed a tour of several rooms, and noted the beautiful sound view from the balconies of the property. The manager is a long time business colleague of ours, a cheerful, patient and dedicated professional who knows how to make people feel welcome and well-attended. For a special anniversary, a honeymoon, a celebration of a milestone event, the Oasis Suites would provide a memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My new husband and I spent 4 nights of our honeymoon at Oasis Suites. We booked 2 nights with the Groupon deal, but enjoyed our stay so much that we didn't want to leave and stayed the additional 2 nights. We loved it! The rooms were just as beautiful as they look on the website. Our package also included champagne (which was on ice when we arrived), roses, silk petals on the bed, and bath salts. It was a really nice extra touch. Both rooms we stayed in had great views. The sunset views over the water were beautiful in room 301, but I also enjoyed the view from the other side of the hotel (306) where we could see people fishing across the road. The hotel is close to great restaurants and all the fun tourist stuff, but off the main drag enough that it is pretty quiet and very relaxing.

I have to echo previous reviews that talk about how great the customer service is, esp from the manager, Peggy. On our first night at the hotel, my husband got very ill. I called the front desk at about 1AM and Peggy went into her personal medicine cabinet to find us benedryl... then she even drove up to the 24 hour 7-11 to bring us ginger ale! She wouldn't take my money. I truly cannot express how relieved I was - she kept me from having to leave my sick husband and drive his car (which I'd never driven before) in a place I was unfamiliar with. As if this wasn't enough, she and the staff gave us many great recomendations of places to go and just basically handled every need we had and all with such a wonderful attitude. Their customer service is truly world class.

I would highly encourage anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay in the Outerbanks to stay at Oasis Suites. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
OasisSuitesHotel, Manager at Oasis Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
It was indeed our pleasure in assisting you and your husband! Hope to see you on your anniversary.

Been to Oasis Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!