“Perfect Place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JP Cottages

JP Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
JP Cottages
You added JP Cottages to your Saves list
9023 Old Oregon Inlet Rd, Nags Head, NC   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Perfect Place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Right on the beach, perfect cottage, spotlessly clean, huge walk-in shower with plenty of hot water and very well furnished. Near everything you could want. Friendly and helpful staff. We LOVED our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: JP2 - perfect for couples!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have been staying at JP Cottages for years. The location is awesome. Can't get any closer to the beach. Cottage has always been clean and comfortable. Beach is not crowded. Great place for families. We have made this our yearly vacation spot.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

loved this place the first year we went, location couldn't be beat, right on the unbelievably lovely atlantic ocean. charming little cottages, appeared to have "old outer banks feel"....second year? roaches and mice..not going back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
north alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I just stayed here in early October. I have never been to the Outer Banks, and through my research the area of South Nags Head seemed perfect because it is less crowded, but still only a few miles from restaurants and shopping. I am a young Mom traveling on my own, and while I didn't want a resort because I was seeking solitude and a quiet atmosphere for photography and reading, I also didn't want to stay at a B&B. The cozy looking cottages that I saw on the website looked perfect.

I chose an ocean front, upper level cottage. I stayed during off season, so the prices were great. I actually ended up with a four bedroom unit so there was plenty of space.

I was very impressed with the level of communication of the owner/manager, Patsy Cahoon. I emailed and called several times before my departure, and always received prompt and very friendly responses. She went out of her way to make my trip easy and comfortable. The advantage to a locally owned and managed business is you really get customer service.

The unit itself was in a great location. I was taken aback by how close I was to the beach and every window in the cottage how a terrific view. The cottage is comfortably furnished. Big kitchen with cabinets stocked with dishes, silverware, pots/pans. Coffeemaker, microwave, and toaster. I didn't expect to have these things so it was nice that I didn't have to keep going out. Linens are typically not provided so sheets/towels are something you need to bring, or you can rent them if needed.

As I arrived the cottage windows were all open to air out the rooms, which was nice, as there was a strong stuffy/musty odor in the unit. In fact, that never went away, so that is one little negative; In all fairness I stayed later at a nice hotel in the area and it had an odor as well.

The place was clean, but don't expect it to be super-clean and modernized. The home is sturdy and attractive but you aren't going to find sleek new counter tops or stainless appliances; all to keep the costs down, which was a factor when deciding where to stay. There was some dust in a few corners. The carpet had a few stains.

The central air worked great, and I did have to use it during my stay. All plumbing and appliances worked well, but once again, these were older. No washer/dryer. There was only one tv in the unit, located in the living quarters. It would have been nice to have one in the bedroom, but no big deal.

Basically, this is an older unit with some wear, so you are going to see a few rust spots/paint chips here and there. If you want a super sleek, uncommonly clean and modern place to stay, this may not be it. I felt comfortable enough here. The website offers some info. and pictures of each unit are posted here.

The biggest negative, in my opinion, is the lack of internet access. The website stated that you can log in on the obx wan, but I believe that company went out of business. I literally had to drive about 7 miles one way to log in at a local coffee shop or a fast food restaurant everyday to send emails or post photos. That is more of a big deal when you are traveling alone and there is no one to talk to. Unfortunately, this may be a deal breaker for me if I travel to the area again.

The hotel I stayed in later in the week was cleaner and more modern. It had internet access and a great view, but well, it is a hotel, so you have some comforts, but less privacy and only one side has a view. For the same price per night I booked the cottage, and although not as modern or comfortable, it had 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, great views from every room and a full kitchen. My overall rating would be 3.5 stars. You decide.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Macclesfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Nags Head for our vacation for over 25 years . We have raised 2 boys . We have stayed at alot of places. JP Cottages ( IS ) the best place that we have stayed byfar.. They are close to the beach & not far from anything else. We like to stay at what I like to call mom & pop places . The realty people do not care about the places they put people in, all they care about is the money.... Pat & Jerry work hard to give you A nice Cottage to stay in..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

2 year at this vacation place during Bike Week. Right on the beach, very clean and easily accessible. Great for families or a couples getaway. Not far from the main attractions of Nags Head, yet quiet in the evenings. Nothing bad to note about this place. I highly recommend checking this out for your visit to Nags Head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at JP cottage for the last 2 spring breaks from school. Same cottage, same great atmosphere . Would definitely recommend every one stay here. Close to many restaurants and attractions. Beach area clean. Great kite flying location.

• Stayed April 2013
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#10 of 13 in Nags Head
4.0 of 5 stars 143 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk

Been to JP Cottages? Share your experiences!