“Better than expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I went for a lunch date, was a little nervous taking our 4 yr old thinking it was more of a bar scene but it wasn't! Great food and family friendly!

Visited August 2013

Steubenville, Ohio, USA
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at a motel close to Lucky 12 Tavern. We didn't dine in but had take out 3 of the nights. My daughter simply loved the hand cut fries. We had salads and sandwiches that were surprisingly superb. It is well worth trying ! Prices extremely reasonable and take out was ready in 20 minutes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“not so lucky for us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

we went to lucky 12 since our rental home was within walking distance. if you are looking for below average food with average service and overpriced food
then this may be your place. the young folks there to drink only seemed to really like it but not a good choice for our family .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Lucky we made it in time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Met some friends at Lucky's around 9:30 or so. We were handed a menu and told that the kitchen closes at 10 and that all that would be available was pizza, so my husband got the seafood bisque and we split crab and artichoke dip and bufffalo shrimp. My husband did not care for the soup (they were gratious and did not charge us), but besides that food was great. The buffalo shrimp are worth a trip in and of themselves. Definitely more a bar than restaurant feel, but all in all a great expierience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Relaxing beach environment with friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been going to Lucky 12 since it has opened and it is an all around great beach spot. I have been there for numerous family meals and also for drinks with friends at night, and have always received wonderful service and quality food. As my grandmother is a neighbor of the restaurant I am fortunate to frequent Lucky 12 whenever I visit the OBX, and the owner Mark is always very kind and accommodating ( even by making sure my 90 year old grandmother is not disturbed with people parking in her driveway.) The bartenders Dylan and BJ are professional and attentive. A great spot for a meal, or just drinks! Also DJ Bose is a talented DJ who frequents Lucky 12. I highly recommend you include this spot on your visit to Nags Head.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere