“My vacation…” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
Asheville, North Carolina
“My vacation…”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

For first part of my four day visit I had a bay view for 2 days. The first day was very relaxing and peaceful. The second day two people moved in to the adjacent room and did not leave. They had some form of "ELF" transmitter they ran day and night, especially at night. This appeared to be some form of harassment. Where it was directed I do not know, however, they were able to increase and decrease the intensity of the frequency at will. During the day it was turned down at night when the rooms adjoining were occupied they would turn this frequency up to the point of disrupting sleep patterns, creating headaches, nausea. This was most uncomfortable and irritating. The next day I told the front desk about this and upgraded my room to an ocean view. The people with the "ELF" transmitters moved into the adjacent room on the same side as myself. I was subjected to the "ELF" frequency for both days. This made the trip most unpleasant. I told the front desk and they offered to change my room but it was evening and I was leaving the next day. I would have had to move to a new floor and it seemed like alot of trouble for the short time remaining at the hotel. As far as the hotel itself the bathrooms needed updating badly, very little water pressure and antiquated facilities. The staff was very pleasant and most accommodating for the most part. It's very difficult to deal with a situation no one has encountered before re: the "ELF" frequencies. This is an old (by modern standards) technology that has been developed by the federal government and tried out on random citizenry all over the nation. It's uses are being employed in crowd control, creration of the police state and the medical effects on humans over a period of time are nothing short deaqdly and criminal. I'm certain you will be hearing more of this from others in the future, unfortunately. Had it not been for this may stay would have been very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Currituck, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is in the perfect location on the beach close to attractions but still out of the way to be secluded. The staff at this establishment are always friendly and helpful, got a great tip on a place to eat that was outstanding and places to eat are hard to find sometimes in the winter. The room was exceptionally clean and most comfortable. I have stayed at this hotel many times and always make it my primary choice when visiting the outer banks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The ocean view rooms are awesome! It was so nice to hear the ocean in my room. I would love to go back and spend more time especially when the weather is warmer. Breakfast was standard and the staff was amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We recently had a great winter stay at the Comfort Inn. We decided to go to Nags Head for a few days to enjoy the winter weather at the beach. The staff was warm and friendly as before. The recommendations for eating were excellent. Our room overlooked the beach which allowed us to watch the waves and the different weather as it changed over the 3 days. This is a good time to enjoy the beach if you want to avoid the crowds.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room with an Ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just after Christmas, I decided to take a last-minute beach vacation down in Nags Head. Just a getaway with my dog. There weren't many pet friendly hotels oceanfront to choose from - but this one fit the bill. Great rate, beautiful views, and great location just as you hit the Outer Banks from Manteo.
Once I arrived, I was treated with great courtesy - everyone was always helpful. Great free breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean and, while not fancy, they are nice and homey. Had a fridge, microwave, perfect view, great pet facilities - everything I needed for an affordable, memorable mini-vacation. If you are looking for a pet-friendly, oceanfront hotel, Comfort Inn in Nags Head DEFINITELY has you covered. They are doing some remodeling (winter 2013), so I expect it will be even nicer and more welcoming.

Room Tip: Just get a room from 2nd floor on up oceanfront and you'll have a stellar view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our December visit to the Comfort Inn South Oceanfront, Nags Head was most enjoyable. We received a warm welcome beginning at the front desk and from all of the staff that we encountered. We found the staff here to be most accomodating and pleasant. We were placed in clean and comfortable ocean front room with a great view. The breakfast had a good variety, which we greatly appreciate since our grandson frequently can't find anthing he can eat at some hotels due to his severe milk allergy. We are looking forward to a return visit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Listening to the ocean waves from our ocean front room balcony was so relaxing.
Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn South Oceanfront? Share your experiences!