“Good Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Nags Head
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Good Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was the second time we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Nags Head.We had a very positive stay. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and very interested in making our stay a great one.
The facilities were very clean. The Assistant General Manager was visible and interested in talking to the guests, welcoming them, and making sure everything was going well with our stay. Even though there was some remodeling going on, it did not interfere with our stay at all.
I was a little concerned about the lack of handicapped bathrooms. The Assistant General Manager explained about the improvements that were being made in this area as part of the remodeling being done.I WOULD recommend this Comfort Inn as a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, Manager at Comfort Inn South Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your response, it was a pleasure speaking with you and your husband during your stay. I hope you will return after the renovations. Our team strives to deliver the higest guest service and we want to make everyone that walks through the door as they are our long lost friend we hve not seen in years.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Nags Head, we look forward to seeing you again soon. I am confident you will be thrilled, as we are with the renovations and new furniture in the rooms.

Regards,

Martha Brake, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I got married at Pamlico Jacks in Nags Head. My mother lives in Manteo and suggested this hotel for us and our guests. We all had such a great time. The Hotel was very anxious to help us with any need. We thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
Midlothian VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed in the off off season so of course it was quiet. The location is really nice, at the end of the Nags Head hotels and away from the highway with fast food joints, etc. The breakfast, which is included, was pretty extensive for the price of the stay. We had an ocean view which was just great. Lovely sunrise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First time in N.C. And wasn't sure where to stay. Came across hotel on trip advisor, its location was perfect. My gf and i loved the view. Relaxing weekend for us both.

Great hotel, clean room and friendly staff.
Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
amicheltil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just got home from one night stay and I feel like I have't slept! The sheets felt like bad toilet paper and the bed so uncomfortable. The bathroom was old, the toilet hardly flushed and hardly any water pressure, there are no words for the bathroom. We didn't have a reservation since it was the off season, the heat wasn't on, we had to wait for the room to get warm. There was left over food in the fridge, who knows how long that had been in there. Also, the birding club thought they were the only ones in the hotel. The hotel just smelled bad. I paid $90 for the night and it was a $40 stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kings Mountain, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was used by my birding club, and we booked most of it for three nights. I usually get a complaint or two from members about the hotel. I had none. It has been upgraded, which it needed, as I've stayed there many times over the years. The rooms were very clean, with all new carpet, furniture and flat screen TV's. The staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs. I stayed in a suite, which I would highly recommend, especially on the ocean side. It was an excellent place with no complaints about anything. Great place and price, with breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Last fall, I was on business in the Outer Banks and stayed at the Comfort Inn South (there are 5 in the area). I liked the location because it was strategic to my visit to Hatteras Island, further South. Unfortunately, at the time, my suite and the hotel was dated and in disrepair.
The good news is that they have renovated the hotel with new carpet and more contemporary furniture. My room was well adorned and everything was in working order and the sunrise was fantastic. As a bonus, there was a 2 person whirlpool in the corner of the room. Nice touch. Next time, I'm going to bring my wife and dog (yes, they're pet friendly) for some vacation time.
As part of the deal, you also get a hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a whirlpool and a room on the beach side. You can get a 2 room suite or single room with a w...