“Nice to find a Hampton Inn in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Murphy
Atlanta, GA
“Nice to find a Hampton Inn in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Murphy is a nice, clean hotel. It met all our expectations. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. There are not a lot of lodging options in the area, and it was nice to find a Hampton Inn here. We will stay here again when we are planning to raft, hike, or bike in the Nantahala River area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tampa Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here just recently, my second time; I decided to go back since I had such a pleasant stay last year. Not as good. Must have just hired some new housekeepers who were not doing as good a job from the get go. Upon checking in to my room, I found a wet towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Each day I was there I'd return to my room and find housekeeping had overlooked something. Wet wash cloth in shower, wet towels left behind, trash not emptied, soaps/shampoos were not replaced. I chose not to tell management during my stay because I was afraid the housekeeper may retaliate. Despite the poor housekeeping, I enjoyed my stay I just found these oversights annoying and disappointing compared to my stay the year before.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Bed was VERY hard. Breakfast was sub-par. But the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Clean, friendly staff, conveniently located to major thoroughfare, which also means it's right across the street from a Wal-Mart. Hampton Inns are not resort-like. Ah....but those Hampton Inn beds! Nice architecture in keeping with beautiful mountains. Pool looked very small & on highway side, did not see any hot items in steam trays. It's still a Hampton Inn and not the Ritz, a very nice smaller facility, and NO WI-FI in rooms only ethernet. Cables in nightstand. Wi-fi in lobby area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Good value,nice comfotable beds,bathroom nice,great linens and towels,overall this has to be one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in,breakfast the usual but very good coffee.One drawback we were there on a friday night and was a noisey area but that was due to a lot of bikers,but the other hotels also had them,the hotels around this one were very much older and looked it,i would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Albemarle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accomodating, and our room was both clean and comfortable. I felt both safe and secure in there, and the new room decor and bathroom accomodations were really nice!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for business. From the first time that I stayed to the most current, the staff has been prompt, responsive, friendly, and made me feel like family. When I first came to this hotel, Linda Floyd, the manager, told me to ask if I needed anything; and I have learned that she and her staff mean it. For example, when I arrived quite late for breakfast one morning, they re-opened the kitchen and offered me anything if the refrigerator. Another morning after a 6-inch snowstorm, they cleared the snow/ice from my car, took my keys, pulled my car under the carport, and warmed my car before I drove to work. During my last visit I accidentally left my dirty underwear and socks in a dresser drawer, returning a week later to find my undergarments clean, carefully folded, and waiting for me in the room. These are only a few examples of the many kindnesses that I have received at Murphy's Hampton Inn.

As for the hotel building, it is clean, new, and well-kempt. Although the building itself is the newest and most attractive in the area, the staff makes this the only place to stay.

I have stayed at many, many hotels for business. This one is truly exceptional.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Murphy? Share your experiences!