“Extremely disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Extremely disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading positive reviews on TA, I found myself very disappointed try this restaurant. There was a problem with the order and I asked that the manager be notified. The manager was notified, but could not find the time to come to the table. Besides this, the food was also lacking in taste. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plant City, Florida
“We found an unexpected little treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

In a quaint location just off the main drag in Murphy we had a lovely meal. The menu is reasonably priced and we liked the variety of creative options. Service was pleasant and efficient, the manager visited our table to ensure all was well. On Wednesday evenings they do a Trivia night which was fun for those who participated without intruding into conversations of those who were not playing. Someone in the kitchen has a nice touch with the lemon sauce on the tilapia...it had chives which is not my favorite but the total flavor and experience was well worth repeating. A bonus is that they are open at lunch time serving wonderful options beyond the normal soup and sandwich.

Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Down home charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have to recommend the white chocolate bread pudding! My husband enjoyed the his fish and creme brulee. The menu changes with the season, we were told. Hoping to be able to make it beck for the pumpkin lobster bisque.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest City, North Carolina
“A Great Place to Eat in Murphy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have eaten here many times through the past several years when in the area on business. I do have to say that I don't go there as often anymore due to one particular waitress that I seemed to always end up with, whom is never friendly and makes unusual comments on whatever order you place. But, I still go with friends at times when they want to go there!

Visited January 2013
Franklin, North Carolina
“Great place to eat in an Historic small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stopped in Murphy to checkout the shops and noticed a restaurant called Shoe Booties cafe, for a second thinking it was a shoe store until we saw the word cafe. Sure glad we stopped here for lunch. The food and service was excellent. The lunch menu was quite varied at a good value. No matter how much you eat make sure you have enough room for dessert. Great choices for dessert. Also, you can read how the owners decided on the name.

• Visited April 2013