“No customer service here” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Murphy
Eustis, Florida, United States
“No customer service here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a local business so we stayed here. After driving the day to get there we arrived and were greeted very nice by the staff. We left to go out to dinner and when we returned we were very tired. We booked a suite to have enough beds as my mother was staying with us. As we got ready for bed the bed wasn't just broken it should have been replaced. It was broken so bad my husband just about couldn't get it put back the way it was supposed to be. So in our pajamas and late into the evening we were once again having to pack up our belongings to be moved to another room. We were moved and it was fine for the most part the rest of the evening. I tried to get a manager to speak with me the next morning and they wouldn't do it. They sent the clerk out to say he was sorry but the manager wouldn't adjust our bill for our inconvenience! I was told they are going through renovations and that is why things are not quite right just yet! Not my problem as a paying guest in your hotel! Someone had to know that bed was broken and it should have been replaced long before we had to be inconvenienced! The breakfast was terrible and not enough to choose from! I won't go back and I would recommend that unless you just have to stay you find another hotel in the area!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Judi D,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I am sorry you did not like the complimentary breakfast options we had available. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, comfortable beds, clean! Friendly folks especially Joan (she's there in the afternoon). Beautiful views and close to Nantahala. Indoor pool was clean. Nice workout room with washer/dryer if needed! Flat screen tv's, beautiful dining area should you have a group. Enjoyed my stay and would visit this establishment when in Murphy.

• Stayed July 2013
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend as a jumping point for our motorcycle riding. Great location for us. We had a slight issue with the toilet not working but didn't change rooms until the next day because we got in so late and just wanted to go to bed. We were upgraded to a suite so it was appreciated. We enjoyed the breakfast - the automatic pancake maker was great! Hot eggs, sausage and biscuits both mornings we were there. Will stay here again on our next motorcycle trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were happy that we selected this small hotel. It is close to the main street area of Murphy. There are several restaurants nearby. The hotel has nice clean rooms, a fairly large selection for breakfast including pancakes, and an indoor pool. It was very quiet the night we stayed there. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Another stay in a HIE, and another fine night. The room was nice, with an excellent AC unit. The HD tv was great, with a bonus that it had a tv guide on screen. Room was clean and quiet (my two major requirements). It also had a microwave and fridge (bonus). No problems at check-in, the gentleman was cordial...although I was never thanked for my loyalty to HIE. He did a nice job of running down all of the hotel amenities and also offered to help with my baggage and with anything I needed. Nice all-around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Blairsville, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Me and my wife had just got married and we were gifted 3 nights at this hotel for our honeymoon, we got to the hotel after our wedding to see a gloomy dark entry way surrounded by shirtless thugs smoking, as the smoke cloud cleared i was greeted by the rudest older lady I've ever encountered. I told her about my reservation and she says the card was declined after confirming over the phone it went through and the person who gifted it to us had it withdrawn from there account already.So after a long drawn out hassle and not in the mood to deal with a rude old lady, we decided to just find another hotel, we stayed at the hampton inn a little further down the road. very nice and clean rooms, great breakfast, friendly staff. i gave the corporate office of holiday inn a call they said the card went through but will be reimbursed due to us cancelling the rooms. The ladies name was Joann and supposedly a manager, the complaint form has been sent to the owner of the hotel and i hope they figure something out, either way i won't step foot into that place again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
smcdogfan, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Justin H,

I am sorry for any confusion concerning your reservation with our hotel. I am fully aware of the incident and think perhaps there was a miscommunication between the gentleman who was to pay for the room and you. First, your reservations were only for 1 night not 3, secondly, the credit card on file was declined after our clerk tried multiple times to authorize. I can assure you the credit card was not charged at all. I'm not quite sure who misinformed you otherwise. Our parking lot and porte-cochere are both adequately lit so I'm not sure where that comment came from. The clerk on duty has been with our company for 5 yrs and I know she would have accommodated you and your new bride if a valid form of payment had been provided.

Patricia Richarme
GM
Forest City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for several years while working in the area on business. Just in the past 6 months, I have seen a sad decline. There has always been parking issues due to the smaller lot with oftentimes 18 wheelers, RV buses and many trucks with trailers that take up anywhere from 3 - 8 parking spaces. In the past few months, there have been various construction crews staying in the hotel, many working on TVA projects. The hotel has became a loud party spot in the evenings. It was at one time a quiet family place, but no longer is it that. There are people grilling with the outside doors propped open, filling the hotel with lighter fluid fumes, people walking around with very foul language, and workers congregating in the hallways late at night either standing drinking and talking together or out of their rooms talking loudly on their cell phones. I even had one instance in which a construction worker tried to beat down my door because he could not realize his room was across the hall. I have nothing against construction workers, as my husband used to work construction and have several family members who do, but there is no reason for anyone, regardless of their job choice to make others in the hotel miserable. There is a reason they have always stayed in lower budget outside entrance rooms. Our company will definitely look at moving our employees to the Hampton Inn across town.

Room Tip: For a quiet stay, choose another hotel.