“Best Italian in Tri-State Area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best Italian in Tri-State Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Antica Roma Cafe has the best of everything. From the delicious crepes they offer for breakfast, to lunch offerings such as the prosciutto panini and pasta fagioli soup, to dinner specials (offered on Friday and Saturday nights) such as the butternut squash ravioli, the food is of the very best quality. Dessert here is mandatory--it's much too delicious to pass up. Definitely worth a long drive for such excellent food, service, and atmosphere. :)

Murphy, North Carolina
“A taste of Italy in North Carolina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The best restaurant in Murphy. Outstanding Italian sandwiches and salads. Homemade soup in the winter that is truly *to die for* and the desserts. Nothing compares to Carla's homemade cookies and desserts and oh, the Nutella crepes! Lets not even talk about the chicken and eggplant parmigiana or the homemade meatball sandwiches. Amazing. It is the best of the best and is truly a taste of Italy in North Carolina.

• Visited March 2013
Navarre, FL
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had two meals here - one lunch and one dinner. They were both excellent. I had a proscuitto and fresh mozarrella pannini sandwich that left me wishing I could find proscuitto like that at home. For dinner, I ordered the eggplant parmesan (sp). It came with bruschetta, a cesear salad and fresh bread. The portions were generous and just delicious. The tiramusu was worth every calorie too. A really great find that was totally unexpected.

Visited February 2013
TN
“the reviews led me here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

...and I'm not a bit sorry. I can't wait to go back. This is a small restaurant near the very center of downtown Murphy. Plenty of free street parking in the front. The restaurant has only about 10 tables and is a great place for lunch or dinner for couples when they are open for dinner (Fridays and Saturdays). I went with my husband and we each ordered sandwiches and he also got a soup of the day. My sandwich was yummy. It had some kind of smoked meat on it, tomatoes, onion, lettuce and a splash of vinegar and oil. The bread was what was so amazing. It's made there and you can buy it. It's french baguettes that are really really tasty. Really tasty. I took one home and we ate it for dinner. My husband loved his sandwich and soup, They have a few Italian specialty foods such as olive oil and candies that you can buy, they are also a bakery, so you can buy breads, desserts and pretty little pastries. The prices are very reasonable, service was good and it's just a great atmosphere. The menu is small, but includes soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch. I plan to go back the next time I'm in town.

Blue Ridge, Georgia
“The Best so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I were recommended to Antica and it turned out to be the best Italian restaurant in our Tri-state area so far. All the pasta, sauces, breads and desserts are made in the restaurant daily. There is a small printed menu but Friday and Saturday night's menu is on the chalk board. Usually between 5 to 7 specials. Their meatballs are as good or better than my mothers. We are working our way thru their desserts and their homemade Gelato. The cafe is across the street from the Henn theater so it is convenient to make it a nice evening with movie and dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere