“the reviews led me here...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
TN
“the reviews led me here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

...and I'm not a bit sorry. I can't wait to go back. This is a small restaurant near the very center of downtown Murphy. Plenty of free street parking in the front. The restaurant has only about 10 tables and is a great place for lunch or dinner for couples when they are open for dinner (Fridays and Saturdays). I went with my husband and we each ordered sandwiches and he also got a soup of the day. My sandwich was yummy. It had some kind of smoked meat on it, tomatoes, onion, lettuce and a splash of vinegar and oil. The bread was what was so amazing. It's made there and you can buy it. It's french baguettes that are really really tasty. Really tasty. I took one home and we ate it for dinner. My husband loved his sandwich and soup, They have a few Italian specialty foods such as olive oil and candies that you can buy, they are also a bakery, so you can buy breads, desserts and pretty little pastries. The prices are very reasonable, service was good and it's just a great atmosphere. The menu is small, but includes soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch. I plan to go back the next time I'm in town.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Blue Ridge, Georgia
“The Best so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I were recommended to Antica and it turned out to be the best Italian restaurant in our Tri-state area so far. All the pasta, sauces, breads and desserts are made in the restaurant daily. There is a small printed menu but Friday and Saturday night's menu is on the chalk board. Usually between 5 to 7 specials. Their meatballs are as good or better than my mothers. We are working our way thru their desserts and their homemade Gelato. The cafe is across the street from the Henn theater so it is convenient to make it a nice evening with movie and dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great blend of fresh and quality food with good service in a pleasant family atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We visit regularly when visiting Murphy several times each year. Great food and service in pleasant surroundings, with good value.

Murphy, NC
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Really delicious authentic Italian food. Don't look for Pizza or Meatball sandwiches on the lunch menu because you won't find them.Instead, sandwiches, salads, soup, pastries, gelato and coffeehouse coffees. The bread is some of the best I have ever tasted. Prices are reasonable and the service is fast and friendly. Beer and wine is to be had.

• Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visit Murphy twice a year as it is my hometown and my parents still live here. This restaurant has filled a void for delicious, wholesome Italian food. I always manage to eat here at least twice during my short stays. The coffee is worth a visit in and of itself. The caprese panini is perfection on a plate. The gelato and cannoli is downright divine. The owners are genuine and so very sweet. They've remembered me since my first visit. Incredible pricing, family-like service.

• Visited November 2012