“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Murphy, North Carolina
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

That's what everyone says after they discover Antica Roma. I've eaten in wonderful Italian restaurants all over the country, and while Antica Roma doesn't offer a broad menu, they make up for it in excellence. And be sure to save room for dessert where the toughest part is making up your mind over gelato or home-made Italian cookies or tiramisu.Try the meatball sandwich on Saturdays or the eggplant rollatini at dinner (dinner on Fridays and Saturdays only.)

Visited April 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“My Favorite Dining Experience In Murpy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reviewing my options for dinner I was told that Antica served dinner on selected nights. I stopped in on Saturday night for dinner. Excellent choice on my part. The food and service was excellent. Save Room for Dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murphy
“Great Authentic Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant has a real flare of Italy. The food is tasty and the service is great. My only complaint is that the serving size of the shrimp has become smaller. The Scampi is delicious and salad and bread are grand.

Visited August 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“A very good Anniversary Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were in the area and celebrating our 45th anniversary. The reviews for Antica Roma Caffe looked very good, so we made reservations for a Saturday night. One of the "specials" was Butternut Squash Ravioli. It was sooooo good. My husband ordered the Veal Parmesan and said his was very good, also. The owners were there, and I take it that he cooks the delicious main dishes and she bakes the scrumptious bakery items. She brought us a sample of two of the gluten-free cookies and they were so good! We brought desserts back to our vacation house for tasting tomorrow. The signage in the back of the room says they have been there 2 years. Looks like they are on track for many more years! Glad we read the reviews and went there for dinner!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisiana
“Great place for a relaxing & inexpensive lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Very european atmosphere in the mountains. I never expected such a great find in the small town of Murphy NC. I had a pannini with mozzarella chesse, lettuce & tomatoes. The incredients were fresh and the bread tasted freshly made. Try the crema caralana for dessert. It's a custard. The place is spotless and the service outstanding.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere