“Call me sentimental” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mayberry Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Mayberry Motor Inn
You added Mayberry Motor Inn to your Saves list
501 North Andy Griffith Parkway, Mount Airy, NC 27030   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Call me sentimental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

How could this place be anything but great if you grew up with the TV show. It lived up to its reputation. Place is generally well maintained. Staff was pleasant and having the police car and emmitt's truck made for some great photo opportunities. For an older motel, rooms were nice. Only issue we had was a bathroom fan that needed work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I arrived in Mt. Airy after 6p on a Saturday and the sidewalks had been pretty much rolled up. I found Uncorked - a wine shop - still open and the proprietor recommended Mayberry Motor Lodge. I called and they had a room for me. A perfect little motor lodge. I had a bit of trouble navigating the the turn to North 52 - But I am sure that was operator error ... In the morning they have coffee, cereal, muffins and GIFTS! They take Discover - and offer FREE internet.... Stay here for the perfect Mayberry ambience at a great price... I think it was $66...Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ararat, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this quaint little place the weekend after Valentines Day. We are some what local as we live only about 20 miles away. We were just looking for a quit time away from home just the 2 of us. The motel does not rent to people who are local normally but when I explained to her we were having a belated Valentines getaway the lady in office called me back. The ladies in the office were very nice.

Our room was nice and clean. The bed was nice and firm. We had a quite peaceful nights sleep. I would recommend this charming motel to anyone why may be visiting our area. Some of the other nearby motels may be cheaper but you have to put up with shady rift raft. You get what you pay for in the end.

Thanks,
Betty Sue Haynes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After spending an hour or so driving and calling hotels for 2 rooms for one night, I was literally speaking to Hotwire on my cell phone when I saw the Mayberry Motor Inn just to my left and pulled in. I walked into the office as Josh unlocked the door and asked about a room. Josh was extremely accommodating and offered me a key to check out one of the rooms. I was trying to get the best deal possible, as it was late and we were really ready to stop for the night when Josh offered me bigger, better rooms at the same price. I checked out the room and decided to take the offer. All 4 of us were extremely happy with our last minute find. The rooms were big and furniture was NOT the cheap variety. These rooms, although dated, were very clean and the bath and shower were the best of our trip. It was fun to look at all the photos and clips of Andy Griffith and others from 'Mayberry'. This was our latest 'favorite place' and will stay here on our next trip to Mt. Airy.

Room Tip: Ask for the nicer rooms, 101 and 102 were ours and we liked them a LOT!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you are looking for the Mayberry experience, this hotel should be included. The American owner Miss Alma is like talking to Aunt bee. The rooms, ground and pool are kept extremely clean. We have stayed here several times and actually plan to do so again by the end of the year. If you want valet parking and ornaments, this isnt the place for you. But if you want the simple, smiling, clean comforts of Mayberry, this is your place. Also Miss Alma has an amazing room dedicated to Aunt Bee's memorabilia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our stay at the Mayberry Motor Inn was for one night, and we travelled in October. The Inn reminded me of a motel right out of the 70's with our rather small room, and really small bathroom. All rooms are on a single floor, so no worries about dragging luggage up stairs. Our bed was fine and the room was clean, and since we were visiting off season, we only paid $70. However, a few days earlier we stayed at a Jameson Inn that was much larger, more modern and had an indoor pool and free breakfast for only $39.99. The room did have a microwave and a mini fridge, but the television was an older unit with no flat screen, and a built-in DVD player. There is an outdoor pool, and all rooms are entered from out front where you park. There is no in-room coffee, but it is available in the office.

The best parts of the Inn were the wonderful landscaping and grounds, the Mayberry squad car parked out front, and the Aunt Bee room with memorabilia the owner has collected. The room itself was simply adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean with friendly staff. Can't believe but American family owned. That was worth the 85$ night rate (slight high). Has what you need college dorm size micro,fridge. Room is smallish with OK mattress. Bath is VERY small by todays supersize standards. We are this people so not much to bother. If one was very large bath might be difficult. Pool spotless. Across street form very small mall. We like park outside room no long corridors or lifts to navigate with luggage. Enjoy the nostalgia it is hard to find anywhere anymore!

Room Tip: Believe all same?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayberry Motor Inn? Share your experiences!