“Home to come back to” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
You added Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
347 West Pine Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
Angier, North Carolina
“Home to come back to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The town of Mt. Airy has to be proud of Sobotta Manor B&B to be home to all its guests.
J.R., the owner of this wonderful Bed & Breakfast makes it all possible. His knowledge of the area and local history along with beautiful furnishing of the house, the delicious breakfast and just plain talk make for a wonderful environment for the guests. One would not hesitate to return to this home again and again. We thank this B&B for making our weekend and a home to come back to.

Room Tip: The room we stayed (Room 3 upstairs) was just perfect for us; beautifully furnished, comfortable wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you are tired of the hustle and bustle of life, escape to the Sobotta Manor. A lovely bed and breakfast where you can catch your breath and reconnect with your partner while enjoying a beautiful setting. The house and garden are gorgeous with a rich and interesting history. Junior is happy to share many interesting stories about this historic house while you enjoy your stay. We loved chatting with the owner while being spoiled with a delicious breakfast each morning. My only regret is that we missed the garden at it's peak! Mount Airy is a charming town with so many beautiful homes. If you love historic homes it is a great place to visit. The Sobotta Manor is convientienly located to downtown. We walked into town both evenings of our stay. It was so nice to be car free for a bit. We can't wait for our next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Being at Sobotta Manor was like being in a Jane Austen novel. It is a beautiful place and so warm and inviting. The owners are very friendly and professional and also a great resource for local sights and dining. The bed was very comfortable, which I really appreciated. The place is immaculate. Breakfast was delicious and we were able to chat with the other guests at the table. I would recommend Sobotta Manor to anyone!

Room Tip: IF you want a quiet room - chose room 4 which is downstairs (the other three are upstairs). It has...
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Wife and I spent the weekend of 2/28 at the Sobotta celebrating a late Valentine getaway. The property was very clean and located in an excellent location convenient to historic downtown. The inn keeper was very friendly and was a great concierge. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Timberlake, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The manor was absolutely beautiful, very clean and comfortable!! Robin and Junior made us feel welcome from the minute we entered the front door!! The breakfast was also delicious!! We will go back!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

When my husband told me we were going to Mt. Airy to spend a week, I pouted. I had to look the town up on Google and dreaded going. I am very demanding and was already nagging on the way there. Yet, once there, my husband surprised me by lodging us at the Sobotta Manor B&B and it was so beautiful that couldn’t help but smile. The rooms are like those if a 5 star hotel, the entire place is impeccable! The owners (Robin and Jr.) were the nicest and most generous hosts ever. They made us feel at home immediately. By then my husband bragging about how he knew I would love it. Then, what I thought would be a problem was the food, as the Sobotta Manor cooks all its food from scratch and presents it at the level of a Michelin Chef, I was eating left and right everything, even when I wasn’t hungry and I started to worry about gaining weight but wasn’t about to pass on everything served ….luckily for me, everything that is fun, interesting and nice is within walking distance from the Sobotta Manor ; you name it, it’s there: wineries, restaurants, town center, all celebrations. I ended up losing four pounds despite all the delicious foods prepared in our B&B …and I can’t even do that at home while dieting! The week went by very quickly with so many things to do and the fact that I loved, loved , loved our lodging and the owners, and basically I just didn’t want to leave. We were able to extend our stay two more days due to a cancellation and by then my husband was so full of himself for providing the perfect vacation and the fact that he had proved me wrong. I recommend the Sobotta Manor to anyone who appreciates quality and comfort. I could no have been anymore pleased and hope to return many, many times more 

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautifully kept! Any of them are a great choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I'm blushing! I will do my best to live up to this amazing review! Glad to see you made it home and will look forward to your return!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Okay guys and gals, I really did not know what to expect in choosing this site for our first anniversary of marriage. I wanted it to be extremely special, private, quite, simple, sweet and lovely. I took the time to read all the reviews and was so impressed that I book mainly on those reviews alone and the rest on the warm interaction with Robin. I was still nervous enough for the both of us, trying something new in a place that I'd never been to before. It was so lovely. The house-clean, warm, beautifully decorated, roomy, cozy with soft music playing. The food-new to my taste buds, deliciously different, beautiful too, and just the right amount. The host-gracious, kind, helpful, friendly, warm, open, available, prompt, and talented at almost anything and everything. I really did not want to leave...but duty called and leave we did. Just know that this dwelling is the best kept public secret ever and we will be back just as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and wonderfully decorated and very comfortable, try a different one every time...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonya,
I'm sorry that I missed you when you were here! I am so glad to hear that my sweet husband took great care of you. We try are best to make everyone feel welcome, and when we see such response's it confirms our choice to be Innkeeper's. I will look forward to meeting you when you return.

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!