“Excellent B&B in Mt. Airy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Airy
Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast
You added Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
347 West Pine Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Mount Airy B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
yarmouth, me
“Excellent B&B in Mt. Airy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were held up by traffic on the interstate and before I could call to let them know that we would be late, I received a cell phone call from the owner confirming our arrival.
When we arrived, Robin rushed out to the car to help schlep in our bags - curb service.
The next morning we had a wonderful berry-based breakfast.
The only parking is on the street, which we knew from the web site, but there is no problem with parking availability.
The wireless internet connection was intermittent, but we had been advised that the router was recently replaced, so I suspect that that it was service-provider problem since the wireless signal strength was high.
I would recommend this bed and breakfast if you are planning to stay in the Mt. Airy area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first Bed and Breakfast ever! The Sobotta Manor was more then what we expected! The Hampton up the street was booked, when we drove by this beautiful B&B. From the minute we walked in the door I felt like I went back in time. Ms. Robin made us feel completely like we were family coming to visit. The room was beautiful and perfect for my husband, my son and I. Breakfast was perfection! Zuccini and Squash Quiche, Pinapple Bake, and cut up sweet tomatoes on our plates. Ms. Robin even made a special order for my 11 year old, yummy, French Toast, I took a taste and my son devoured it all! It definitely has changed our life as far as where we may stay when traveling. Thank Ms. Robin, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winterville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Sobotta Manor is absolutely a gem, decorated elegantly, and still comfortable and cozy. My husband and I have stayed in many B&B's and I can assure you, this one will not disappoint you in any way. The house itself is a masterpiece of beautiful architecture, exquisite staircase, and such lovely furnishings. The bed in Room 4, the burgandy room, provided the best nights sleep. So comfortable, we even asked Robin about the matteras and she told us everyone inquires about that matteras. Robin ia a delightful innkeeper. She makes you feel so welcome, takes the time to sit and chat and provides exceptional service. She serves the most elegant breakfast in the formal dining room. The presentation and the food are over the top! Be sure to peek in the kitchen and see the red oven. Mount Airy is truly a place you will enjoy visiting. Be sure to take the Squad Car Tour and be sure to stay at this B&B. We will definately be back. We pray, Robin, that Jr will be there to greet us at the door, healed and healthy. :)

Room Tip: Room 4 is a huge upstairs room and has the most comfortable bed and a wonderful shower. There are no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MaireGirl, Owner at Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Barbara,
Thank you for the wonderful review and just an update, Junior is amazing and his health is good too! I loved meeting you and please continue to keep us in your prayers, he is listening!
Robin
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After working all day then driving in the rain needless to say when we arrived it was great to be greeted by Robin. In the process of leaving home I forgot to bring a sleeping bag along for my son who decided at the last minute he wanted to go too. Robin was great and made a bed up for him on the floor which was even better than a sleeping bag. The room was clean and the bed was amazing...I believe it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on including mine at home. The breakfast the next morning was fabulous!! Can't say enough about my experience there. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Englewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped by on our way from Ohio to Myrtle Beach. Beautiful place, well appointed with great owners. The location is within walking distance of downtown where most of the "Mayberry" action is. The Inn is located very close to the Andy Griffith Museum and its only a short drive to the filling station and jail. If you want a nice B&B to stop at, Sobotta is a great place. If your an Andy Griffith fan, its even better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for one night while driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was fab.
The house itself is gorgeous & filled with beautiful character furnishings. Our room was large & comfortable. We had a great night's sleep in the huge bed.
Breakfast was delicious. Coffee, tea & cookies are available to help yourself any time after arrival.
The host, Robin, really makes the Sobotta. She is a great housekeeper but is also a great character. We really enjoyed sitting round the table at breakfast talking with Robin & the other guests. You must ask Robin to tell you about the RV at DisneyWorld!
If you get the chance, don't miss it!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Mt. Airy and stay a couple of nights. We saw all the great reviews for the Sobotta Bed and Breakfast and decided to take a chance and book 2 nights there. What a wonderful surprise this home is. Beautiful decor, a comfy bed, hot tea or coffee as we pleased.....we enjoyed being there from the beginning. It was so nice to feel at ease sitting in the living room to read or try our hand at chess. And the stroll we took in the backyard was quite an added bonus! Such wonderful grounds! Robin was a kind and gracious host who obviously values her guests. When we had a small problem she quickly attended to us to make sure we were more than ok. We were quite taken aback by her thoughtfulness. Our hostess served up a fabulous breakfast and was more than happy to have a conversation with us. One thing that was sweet was our stroll to downtown Mt. Airy. We took this very short walk in the evening and felt more than safe on the streets. We wish Robin and her family most well. Thank you for taking us in and being so kind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!