“Good Seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Elloree, South Carolina
“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I found the Mayflower Seafood Resturant to be pleasant surprise. The portions were very large and tasty. Our waitress served our food and drinks in a timely matter. There were other patrons who were waiting for some time for their food.

Robertsdale, Alabama
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Good Seafood, good price. Food was very fast and the Tea was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mt. Airy NC
“Frozen deep-fried everything!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

The food is your normal deep fried run of the mill seafood. I wouldn't drive out of my way to eat here. As the other review states don't ever complain to the owner he is the devil in dequise. I would eat here again...I just wouldn't complain about anything!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Good price/large servings/ rude owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

I enjoy eating at this restaurant, and I have been eating there for my entire life. The food is good, although the quality has gone down in recent years, along with prices going UP. The servings are huge, and the wait staff is wonderful. They have delicious sweet tea, and their deviled crab is very good. The combination platters are very good deals - you can get several different types of seafood or chicken tenders for one price, with potato choice and hush puppies. With all this, I will say that I have not visited this restaurant in recent months. I have chosen to go to the other seafood restaurant that is in front of Mayberry Mall - Libby Hill. This is because of the higher Mayflower prices compared with food quality, but mostly because of the rude owner. I have witnessed him cursing and screaming at his staff and WIFE on many occasions in the past year. All this is usually done in the kitchen, but if you are sitting anywhere nearby, you can plainly hear what is going on. The wife was my waitress on one occasion, and she waited on me with puffy eyes and tears b/c of his screaming. I would no longer recommend this Mayflower to anyone. The Mayflowers in North Wilkesboro and King are wonderful.