“Never disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Woodlawn, Virginia
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. Their homemade chips are delicious and the grilled chicken salad is one of my favorites. When I go out to eat with a friend this place is usually at the top of our list.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The service was great , the food was AWESOME, I will be going back.The owner came out and stopped at every table and he was really friendly, Thanked everybody for eating there. The waitress was on top of all her tables, kept glasses full, asked if you needed/wanted anything.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Don't let the location fool you. This restaurant located in a dated building beside a laundromat has a pretty impressive menu. We have visited on numerous occasions and have left satisfied each time.

The food:
The Sliced It a Bit Salad with ribeye steak, spring mix and a sweet vinaigrette is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. I have also enjoyed the club sandwich and cool ranch wrap. The burger I had there was just okay. I was put off by a little something that may have been herbed mayo. It didn't pair particularly well with the beef. The chicken tenders are hand-breaded and very tasty. C&C's handcut french fries are dangerously delicious. The hubby prefers the fish tacos or the meatloaf sandwich.

The restaurant is clean. The service has been slightly above average. We weren't blown away but were hardly neglected.

I would recommend C&C for a date night or a dinner out with friends. The dining area is a bit small and confined. Although staff will make you feel welcome regardless, it is probably more suitable for older kids (for those that may be worried about their toddler disturbing other guests)

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I haven't lived in Mount Airy very long, so we didn't know what this restaurant was like before it was reopened. What a nice surprise. I had a salad with mixed greens and salmon on top. So far, I haven't been able to find anything remotely close to this in Mount Airy anywhere else. It was delicious. My husband had the crab cake burger, which he said was excellent. It is located right beside the Ararat river which is nice to look at when you walking in. The food was great, the people were friendly, and the decor was really nice. I'm looking forward to going back again.

Advance, North Carolina
“Dichotomy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Visited Chase & Charli based on a recommendation from a friend. The restaurant recently re-opened after a fire, and it was very nice and clean. The furnishings are contemporary and the menu is very up-to-date with sophisticated descriptions of their entrees. It was quite comical to see the word "lardons" and "airline chicken" describing items from a restaurant located beside a laundry mat. I ordered fish tacos. The description said served on a soft taco shell, but when it arrived, it was a wrap. My partner ordered a Jalapeno Burger. We both enjoyed our food and felt we received an adequate meal for the price. You ask why I titled my review dichotomy. Here's why - the menu is sophisticated, the furnishings are contemporary and up-to-date, but the waitresses are dressed in coochie-cutter shorts or tight worn-out jeans with T shirts. In other words, the waitstaff's appearance doesn't match the impression you get when you view the menu and the interior furnishings.

• Visited September 2013