“Great food and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lillington, North Carolina, United States
“Great food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

You get your money's worth at Little Richards. I asked the locals where to go for great bbq and they all said Little Richards. I had the ribs which were fall off the bone tender and awesome. My kids had the bbq baked potato with pulled pork and its was just $5. A lot of great food friendly staff and good time. Its a small parking lot so be patient. Check out the pictures.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pretty good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The BBQ is pretty good. The service is good always. The macaroni is some of the best I have eaten in a while. Pintoz were good. The brisket was a little dry but put some of that good vinegar based sause on it and yum.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Mt Airy NC
“Weekly Meals & Still Not Bored”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Vietnam Veterans Association meets here weekly. This could get boring but after attending over four months, I still look forward to eating here. Our usual waitress, Jennifer, either knows each of us by name or by beverage choice. When I switched from Cheerwine to plain water, she remembered the next week. Of course, that makes me feel welcome. There is a variety of meats and styles: chopped, diced & pulled. Texture can make a difference.
The latest addition is the the baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese and minced BBQ. It is so good that it is my new favorite. The salads are super as well. You can get two containers of dressing so lay it on if you like it smothered.
If you have room, there are several cobblers. Served warm with the ice cream melting down.
We do appreciate that the manager allows the VVA to meet at this location. We use the side room for our meeting and since its Dutch Treat, everyone gets what they want. We have used the catering service for a luncheon as well. As they say here, "They are good folks."

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Someone recommended this place, and the brisket was terrible! Tough and wangy, although the ribs were passable, and the fried okra and other sides pretty good. The waitress seemed cranky and disinterested. Not good.

Visited June 2013
Cleveland
“Beyond my expctations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife,daughter and I are on the way to Georgia when we decided to stop in Mt Airy. I always use Trip, Advisor to check out restaurants and they were right on with the review for Little Richards BBQ in Mt Airy.

We ordered a large basket of the onion rings as an appetizer. Normal we get maybe 10 or 12 in a basket at other places, we must have had 20 in the basket, plenty for the three of us. I ordered the half rack of ribs had about 7 bones int he rack, food was good.

Wife and daughter both ordered the BBQ drumstick dinner. When we put in the order we were asked are you sharing the BBQ drumstick dinner, we said no and ordered two.

Well, the dinners came out on large round pizza sheets. There were four (4) large drumsticks with fries, bread and cole slaw.

We should have just ordered one BBQ drumstick dinner and split it because we have plenty of food left.

• 4 of 5 stars Food