“Great Prices & Great Food in Mayberry!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Ice Cream
Charleston, West Virginia
“Great Prices & Great Food in Mayberry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love the Andy Griffith Show, so just the name is a draw for me. That being said, I have eaten here & next door at Libby Hill Seafood many times on trips in the past. We love them both, but I needed a change from seafood. I was amazed that the prices here are still as low as I remembered. Really-$4.99 for a small barbecue plate? That is what we got & they were yummy! We got pulled pork BBQ ( they have a choice of sauces), cole slaw, fries, & hushpuppies. Now, this is diner food. Aunt Bea's is not highbrow, just good homecooking. Everything was yummy. The hushpuppies were good! We had peach cobbler ($1.79) for dessert. It was delicious. We all left full and happy to travel home. The place is clean, bathrooms are clean, & the seating is all booths. Mostly locals were here for Sunday dinner, if that tells you anything. There are lots of choices besides barbecue on the menu (you order at the the counter) & everyone will find something they love! Give it a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fathers day lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my step son and wife on Fathers day for lunch. The BBQ was good. It has been better here but it was still good. We all enjoyed the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Would not be my first choice next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Not bad, but very average small town grill food. Nothing special at all and for this area very small fries and burgers for the money. Lots of better BBQ in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“This is Carolina BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Right off the interstate at the Mount Airy exit is Aunt Bea's BBQ and Breakfast. I would assume their breakfast is great, but I do know that their Carolina pulled pork and 'thin' sauce is what I consider Carolina BBQ. Don't miss the chance if you are in the area at mealtime...apparently Breakfast, as well!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our meal was okay, nothing great, nothing bad. Some of the meat was a little tough and the coleslaw was unique. Staff was not very attentive when needing to open another till and no one was keeping the ice machine filled. An okay experience.

• Visited April 2013