“good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Mount Airy

You added Comfort Inn Mount Airy to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Mount Airy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1293 Newsome Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030 (Formerly Royal Suites Mount Airy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Airy
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very good motel, clean quiet and well lit. Room was clean and very welcoming. check-in as quick and easy . Was towing a motorcycle and lady at desk suggested where to park, so their security camera could watch it allnight, really appreciated that. Breakfast was very good . Special mention of the new bed pillows, a choice of hard or soft pillows. Wish ALL divisions of CHOICE HOTELS would do this, would not have to carry my own pillows. This motel is well worth the money and don't miss the restaurant across the street.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Perry P, Manager at Comfort Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your current stay at Comfort Inn located in Mount Airy, NC. Our goal is to provide clean , comfortable and welcoming place for our travelers. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and had a great experience overall.The pool was nice, breakfast was good/typical, and the bedding was fantastic. Initially the hall on the upper level was cold, but I fixed that by turning on the heaters. The one negative to our stay was due to the cleaning/maid service. One morning we headed out at about 10:30- the cleaning crew had checked to see if we were done so they could clean....asked them for 15 more minutes. Response was they'd check back. So after a wonderful day out and about (and a delicious dinner) we returned to find the beds unmade, trash unemptied, and all the dirty towels/wash cloths where we had left them. A call to the front desk did not resolve the situation as the cleaning staff was not there. So I gathered up the towels and the trash and went downstairs and left them at the counter while I waited for fresh clean one. This was not what I expected upon my return after a busy day. There needs to be a method of ensuring that all rooms were cleaned before the help leaves for the day. Oh and a towel that got pushed under the sink stayed there for 2 days until I finally removed it. This is such a nice hotel and the experience overall was good.....with maid service improvement I'd give it a 4-5 star. Management was apologetic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family and we were happy. For the price, there is a heated pool, exercise room, comfy beds, and very clean. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. They do have a breakfast buffet, with eggs, sausage, gravy & bisquits, breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit and waffles with more choices. We ate here in the morning once only because the food was not hot. It was just barely warm. I mentioned it to the front desk but it was the same the next am. No problem because there are tons of resturants all around. If you stay here, you need to go to mayberry and shop in the gift stores and we even saw andy griffths birthplace which we would never have found if not for the staff. All in all it would have been perfect with the breakfast hot but I would take clean and comfy anyday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights while doing the Andy Griffith thing in Mount Airy. We often stay at Choice Hotels properties and this is among the nicest we have seen. Apparently it was recently remodeled and everything is new including the linens and towels. The breakfast was much better than average with good coffee and a variety of breakfast food including sausage and pre-cooked egg product. The staff was attentive and the place was clean. Within a 100 yard walk across the street is a very good Mexican restaurant where we ate both nights. The hotel is off the Andy Griffith Parkway, but the sign is back off the road, so be careful not to pass it by and have turn around like we did.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side and it was very quiet.
Goode, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was looking for a good deal but yet get a nice place to stay as well. Had not been to Mt. Airy before so was not familiar with the area. I was pleasantly pleased to find the king room with sofa, refrigerator, and microwave with new fixtures around. The breakfast was nice with choice of 3 cereals, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, belgian waffle maker with choice of plain or flavored (blueberry) waffle mix, 3 fresh fruits, and then the usual breads and pastries, 2 juices and milk along with coffee. The staff was helpful too. When I called to make the reservations, I asked what rate I was getting as I had researched on the internet and knew they honored AAA or offered a senior rate. He said it was the "best available", so I told him I wanted AAA (only about $5 difference, but hey) so he told me to show the card when I arrived. I did and the desk clerk honored what he had said (I had his name so that helped). Pool looked very nice and clean although I did not use it.

Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great hotel! All staff members were exceptionally friendly, and our room very nice, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was good, as well. The bedding was fantastically comfortable!! We will be staying here when in the area again. Highly recommend this hotel!!

Wheelersburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very nice hotel! Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room met our expectations. The hotel is located a few minutes from the Mount Airy attractions and is right off the Andy Griffith Parkway. The hotel area was nice and clean and the breakfast was good as well. When back in the area, we plan to stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Country View Inn
#1 of 2 in Fancy Gap
3.5 of 5 stars 43 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson

Been to Comfort Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!