“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Mount Airy

You added Comfort Inn Mount Airy to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Mount Airy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1293 Newsome Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030 (Formerly Royal Suites Mount Airy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Airy
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice hotel! Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and very Friendly staff.I saw one of the employees out picking up blowing items, nice touch. Breakfast was great filled with variety. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting Mount Airy and loved the hotel. It is easy to get to, right off of Andy Griffith Parkway. Although only 1 restaurant in area, we liked it because our number one priority is a quiet hotel with easy access. I asked for a first floor room near front door because of mobility issues, and was given one without problems.Room was very clean and the hotel has a good hot breakfast. would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it to others. Excellent staff and no problems during our stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I first stayed in the hotel several years ago when it was a poorly maintained Microtel. When I was planning my trip with a stopover at Mount Airy, I noticed that this hotel is now a Comfort Inn and being that I am a Choice Hotels member, I decided to give it a try.
I was VERY IMPRESSED with everything about this hotel. The grounds are immaculate and very well landscaped. The outside of the building is freshly painted. I was checked in by Sheila at the front desk and she was very friendly and welcoming. Check in took less than 2 minutes.
I stayed in room 215 and the room is very nice. I especially appreciated the numerous electrical outlets for cell phone, laptop and tablets. Internet connect was very fast! Room was impeccably clean! Even though it seemed as if the hotel was full of guests, it was still a very quiet stay and I never heard the various noise that you often hear when staying in hotels.
Breakfast was very nice with your typical hotel fair of cereal, make your own waffle, coffee, juice, yogurts, etc. Other than the breakfast service, there is not a restaurant/lounge at this hotel, but there are plenty of choices to eat out within a few minutes walk or drive....from fast food to upscale steakhouses.
I would most definitely be staying at this comfort Inn again and I encourage other to try it too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Milton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived with reservations about 8:00 pm. The computer for check-in was doing what computers do when they have a mind of their own - we couldn't check in. Front desk was trying mightily and very apologetic but even reaching out to tech support was futile. But we entertained ourselves with the computer in the lobby and after about 15-20 mins.were shown to our room. It was lovely. Very clean, very quiet, modern and stylish (it looked like the double room with the red throws in the hotel pictures). The beds were super comfortable and my only complaint was the ambient light coming from the hall under the door. I like it dark when I sleep but a bath towel at the bottom of the door solved that problem. Breakfast was as expected - biscuit, sausage patties, cereals, toaster waffles, fruit. Nothing over the top but free and convenient to get back on the road quickly. I would gladly return to the hotel if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This Comfort Inn is only a month or so old and, while others may have had a difficult time finding it, we drove there using directions from the website with no problems. This facility is on a par with some of the other upscale hotel chains. The young lady who checked us in, Rochelle (?), was extremely pleasant and even accommodated us with bananas when I told her I was hungry!. The room and bathroom was excellent and the bed was comfortable. We did have to drive a little out of our way to stay here but it was worth it. Our only complaint was that we never saw Goober..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't know who to blame Comfort Inn or Hotels.com. I made a reservation through Hotels.com and paid in advance for Sat and Sun nights September 7 and 8. When I checked in on Sat I told the hotel that I would like to cancel the second night. They said I had to do it with Hotels.com. I called them and they told me I was outside the cancellation window even though it was 24 hrs in advance. The hotel told me to check out and then call Hotels.com and tell them to call the hotel back and request authorization to cancel the second night and get a refund. Hotels.com called and hotel refused to give authorization. The hotel was rude and refused any sensitivity to the situation and Hotels.com refused to help and actually hung up on me when I called back. It's a sad day when you can't cancel a room 24 hrs in advance. My recommendation is to avoid the Comfort Inn in Mt Airy NC and never use Hotels.com

• Stayed September 2013
�����
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel has only been open two-three weeks. They had wrong directions on the website reservation and I could not get a signal on my phone in the mountains so no gps. NOBODY in that town new where this hotel was even though I dined less than a mile from it but didn't know at the time due to incorrect directions. After many HOURS of driving around and in the wrong direction, we finally found it. Requested a ground floor room when I reserved but they did not hold one for me and they were all filled by the time I arrived (due to incorrect directions).
TV was not programmed and did not have directions in the room.
Requested a 6 am wake-up call which did NOT happen. I was late for a meeting the next day.
All they had to say was "sorry" which didn't even come from the manager.
The hotel itself was clean, nice and had a modern look. Arrived too late to enjoy or see any amenities so I cannot comment on that.
Breakfast was decent.
I do wish they had better customer service. I felt it was not worth the money I paid to have so many things go wrong. I am usually not one to ask for my money back and did not this time, but I do feel they should have at least offered me a discount or a credit if I chose to stay at one of their hotels again.......anything is better than NOTHING! No need to express your concerns because all you get is "I'm sorry". That is what they should put on their name badges.

Room Tip: Everybody in this town seemed to know where the Hampton Inn or Quality Inn is located. Maybe you sho...