“Rib Smacking Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Florence, South Carolina, United States
“Rib Smacking Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I were in town for the Autumn Leaves Festival in October and didn't get a chance to eat here because they were so busy. My cousin and I came back to Mt. Airy this weekend to check out the leaves and I told her we must eat at 13 Bones! We are go glad we did because the ribs were GREAT and so tender the meat fell right off the bone. Our waitress Denise was amazing and we had so much fun cutting up with her! We met one of the owners and all the staff were very friendly! Sure wish we had a restaurant like this at home!

Visited November 2013

Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, good service, good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On a recent trip to Mt. Airy, NC we took a friend to this restaurant. It was a really good experience. The parking lot was full, even though it was fairly early (around 5:30) -- always a good sign! The menu had lots of great options. The server was very pleasant and competent. They willingly allowed my husband and me to share a filet steak (although their version of medium well was a little over done!). The three of us shared a dessert -- and apple crisp with ice cream which was delicious … more than the 3 of us could finish! I would go here again -- it was really good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Tender ribs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went for dinner on a Saturday evening around 7:30 and had about a 20-30 minute wait. My husband and I split a rack of ribs and I ordered the homemade potato chips with ranch dressing. They weren't the best and they would have been better if they had been served hot, they were barely warm when we got them at the table. The ribs were very tender and the salads were good and crisp. Our server was Monica and she was very efficient.

Visited October 2013
Waynesboro, VA, United States
“Great Local Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recommended by the Mayberry Motor Inn - this was truly another great find in Mt Airy, NC. We were in town for the Autumn Fest and had dinner at 13 Bones every night. Great Service and terrific food. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fries, Virginia
“Great waitress terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Tried 13 Bones because the rating was pretty good. Both my wife and I ordered flounder/shrimp combo. Shrimp was not bad however the flounder was the driest fish that we have ever ordered. (Skin so tough I had to cut with a knife). Waitress was very friendly and did her job well. On a good note; the coffee was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere