“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mount Airy
Uniontown, Ohio, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I was so pleasantly surprised !We got in early and our room was available so they let us check in right away. The people were so accommodating , the hotel was so clean everywhere. The front desk, the room, and the breakfast room. The front desk personnel was very helpful with directions and must sees. The breakfast was well stocked, clean, and had alot of variety.Our room and the hallways seemed brand new. Smelled good, looked beautiful. Very very happy with everything about it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations.

We feel a hot breakfast is a good way to start the day.

See you the next time you are in Mount Airy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

After spending the day visiting the Yadkin Valley vineyards, we checked in to the Holiday Inn. The staff was super helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. We weren't able to take advantage of the manager's reception, but the complimentary breakfast was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who might be travelling to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for comments and the recommendation you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I hope you had a good time at the Yadkin Valley vineyards.

For all viewers reviewing this posting. We host a manager’s reception Monday thru Thursday from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
Eastern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Everything at this hotel from the staff to the cleanliness was wonderful! The woman who checked us in and out last weekend (July 19-20) was friendly, helpful, and just a pleasure to talk to. (I am sorry I cannot recall her first name. I should have written it down!) The breakfast staff was great too. The food was good. I loved the mini Greek yogurts at breakfast! The room was clean with plenty of pillows and towels. Just wonderful overall!
I do have one small semi negative comment. The mattress in our room was very hard. I usually like a firm (but not hard) mattress but this was too hard for me. Perhaps it was a new mattress? But this is a very small negative and some people love a very hard mattress so this is really a personal preference thing and the wonderful woman at the front desk told me that they don't usually receive the comment that the bed is hard. Maybe it was just me. Don't let that stop you for booking this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for comments and the recommendation you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I am glad to hear that you liked the new additions to the Holiday Inn Express breakfast program offered at all hotels.
California, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This Hotel is fantastic. The front desk personnel are very helpful. The breakfast is great. There is also a manager's reception in the evening which unfortunately we missed, Mt. Airy is the "Mayberry" from The Andy Griffin Show fame. It's Andy's home town and there is an Andy Griffin museum in town which is worth going to.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for comments and the recommendation you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Airy, North Carolina. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Glad you had a good time visiting the Andy Griffin Museum.

For all viewers reviewing this posting. We host a managers reception Monday thru Thursday from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

After spending 3-4 hours taking in the shops on Main Street in downtown Mt Airy we headed to the HIE to get a room. After being waited on by a very friendly and knowledgeable person at the front desk we ended up in a king bed suite which was really nice…clean and well laid out. Bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was really good, large selection of items. The only problem we encountered was there seemed to be problem with the AC, we had to put it on 63 degrees in order to keep the room comfortable (70ish degrees). We reported it to the front desk when we left and they said they would have it checked out. Check in and out was a breeze. Recommend staying here to anyone who is traveling in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, July 23, 2014

We feel a hot breakfast is a good way to start the day and you will find that our breakfast is consistent with all other Holiday Inn Express Hotels.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Perfect place to stop while on a family road trip. Hotel is very new and updated. Got a king suite which had plenty of room for the pack and play and for my 2 yr old to play in the room. Very nice pool, HT, and fitness room so I was able to get a workout in. Breakfast was fresh and delish. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms smelled good which seems like a rarity these days. Plenty of great restaurant choices nearby. All and all, I couldn't picture a better place to stop than this. The only downside is it was a little pricier than I would have wished but happy to pay it in order to get the newer ammeneties.

Stayed July 2014
Trudy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
I am glad to hear that you were able to get a good work out each day and then enjoy our pool and hot tub.

Hope to see you back soon.
Dunwoody, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was in Mount Airy for a week on business and I was part of a field team that was staying at the hotel for the week. It's a very nice hotel, typically what you would expect for the Holiday Inn Express brand. Being there for a week, I see things that you may miss during a one-night visit. I arrived around 4 pm, unfortunately at the same time as other members of my group. Since there was only one staff member at the front desk, the line to check in was 12 deep at one point. In some cases, rooms weren't ready. It was nice to have the nightly managers reception, but it didn't happen on time that Monday because the staff member that worked the reception wasn't on time. That happens, and it's OK. However, the same thing happened a few days later in that the staff that handles breakfast didn't show up on time and breakfast was delayed by an hour.

The theme is that the hotel is staffed so thin that if an employee can't be there, housekeeping is done later, an amenity is delayed or doesn't happen, check in takes a long time, etc.

The internet service was poor, but I think that's a function of how the network is set up. There are many routers on their network and it wasn't unusual for one router to drop you and then you have to log into another. That's not good when you are hosting a business group in your meeting room and everyone is dependent on the wifi service. The hotel may want to rethink how they distribute their wifi service. I've had a similar problem at other IHG brand hotels, so it could be out of management's control.

The staff is very friendly and welcoming and do their best. I had an enjoyable stay. Management just needs to pay attention to how the low staffing affects the quality of the stay.

Would I go back? Sure. It's a nice hotel and has a good meeting facility and the coffee is always hot and fresh. That's the endorsement, Some adjustments need to be made for timely service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We regret any inconvenience experienced due to the internet services issues that you had in our meeting room. For everyone reading this review. We do offer both wired and wireless in our meeting room.

You are correct when you have an extended stay like yours you tend to pick up items more often. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will address each of these issues with our staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Airy
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 8 in Hillsville
4.5 of 5 stars 83 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy South? Share your experiences!