“Great small town spot with tons of friendly locals.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great small town spot with tons of friendly locals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We drive up and down Interstate 77 all the time and have never stopped over in Mt. Airy. Today was the day. We chose Barney's because of you fellow TripAdvisors; we wanted locals and not tourists.

We sat at the counter. The waitress was sweet and explained a few things, including corn bread salad which we had never seen before. We got that, the meatloaf special, the BLT, pinto beans and macaroni salad. The food was good for this kind of spot and very prompt. Oh, and very cheap.

But the absolute best thing about this place is the people. 'Fore you knew it, the owner, Eric was chatting us up. Great guy and business owner. And then in walks the Sheriff and three of his deputies, all in their brown uniforms. It was great! And the accents of everyone. And the businessmen from Salisbury who stopped me and complimented my tshirt.

Promise. Never driving by Mt. Airy again without getting lunch, or SOMETHING, at Barney's.

Yanceyville, North Carolina
“Best breakfast with great small town southern charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

A few years ago I stopped in to try the breakfast while traveling on my job; it was great and I've been "hooked" ever since! My job allows me to travel through Mt. Airy which is a couple counties over every few months, and when I do, I eat at Barney's. The staff is the best and Eric the owner treats you like he's known you for years. The locals remember you and are always willin' to "jaw" with you for a while. Great food, Great fellowship, Great price (try Eric's mama's cakes-YUM!). When you're done enjoy the town!

• Visited March 2011
Marietta, Georgia
“Small town cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

A slice of Americana in small town USA! Photos and memorabilia from The Andy Griffith Show. Food was good, service excellent and friendly, and an excellent value! I'd definitely go back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good Little Cafe, Especially if you're on Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Was visiting family for a few days and the last day of our journey, we went to barney's for breakfast. The Food was excellent, very basic but very tasty. The servers were prompt and friendly. The atmosphere was so-so, not quite up to date but that's not a biggie for me. All around, I liked my experience at Barney's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ironton
“Barney's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Beside the visitor center.Yummy food with a not much out of your pocket expense =-)