“Better make it a 1 night stay!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn, Mount Airy, NC

You added Quality Inn, Mount Airy, NC to your Saves list
Quality Inn, Mount Airy, NC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2136 Rockford St., Mount Airy, NC 27030 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mount Airy
Charlotte NC
“Better make it a 1 night stay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My whole AAU basketball team stayed there for 1 night March 2-3rd. I knew what to expect from a 2 star hotel in terms of bedding, furnishing, quality of washclothes/towels etc, however, one thing I do expect is cleanliness. I heard one of the parents, state that they found candy wrappers in their room that didnt come from her child, and she had the staff come change the sheets, reclean etc. I also had what looked like a toothpaste stain on the carpet, the sink had residue in it, there was a Lean Cuisine meal in the refrigerator that did not belong to me, there was plastic from the cups behind the refrigerator that I had not opened and the tile in the bathroom was darkly stained in the grout where a thorough cleaning hadnt been done in a while. There was also a candy wrapper and a penny in the desk chair upon arrival. As a travel agent, I knew that this was an exterior entrance hotel, which I never stay in but because of availability in the area I grabbed a group of rooms, but I will not do it again. I did in all fairness not ask the front desk to remedy any of these things, because I expect those types of things to be done before I arrive. This is definitely a one night situation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Moorpark, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I use Quality Inn almost every week for my job. This one is quiet, clean, and the staff is nice. The manager will go out of his way to make sure your stay is comfortable. I had an iron that decided to quit working when I went to use it. The manager was on the spot and replaced it with a new one. If you are passing through "Mayberry", check out this Quality Inn as your hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I will never stay at this motel again. I was over-charged and the owner/operator has refused to make the bill right. When I made my reservation, I was given the rate of $67.49 per night. However, when I checked out, they over-charged me; he upped the rate to $116.99 per night (giving me the lower rate on just one night). I did not notice the over-charge until I received my credit card statement. They have refused to correct the bill. Watch out!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stay in a number of Choice Hotels using Choice Rewards, and often have to take whatever is there. In the last few years, some of the Quality Inn properties have been a little "past prime." We didn't expect any different at the Quality Inn in Mount Airy, NC, on our trip from Georgia up through the Blue Ridge Parkway to PA. Along the way we stayed at other hotels that we paid handily for. However, the "Q Bed" in this hotel was the best bed of the trip. The "premium mattress and bedding" with high-thread-count cotton sheets was wonderfully luxurious and comfortable, and I slept great. Really a treat, and the hotel was clean and well-kept throughout. Thanks for the very pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bit of a mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parkersburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here 9/16/12 for 1 night. Room was mostly clean except for carpet. Beds were comfortable for a good nights sleep. There were a few items I didn't like. Ice Bucket had black mold on inside of lid, bannister at bottom of 2nd bldg. front on stairs to 2nd floor was loose and made me uncomfortable going up stairs. We went to breakfast, which was 6 - 9 AM, around 8 and some items were out and very slow to refill or just out. Check in & out were good.

Room Tip: Try to get 1st floor is you are not comfortable with loose stair rails to 2nd floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every time we visit Mt Airy and have always had good experiences. The is an older hotel but has always been nice and rooms very clean!!! Staff was also very nice! They also have free continental breakfast each morning!!

• Stayed October 2012
Atascadero, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have been traveling through Virginia and North Carolina for the last 10 days. We started out staying in Best Westerns but were not happy with most of the places we stayed. We switched to Quality Inns because they seem better. This one was not so good. The carpet was damp when we checked in and the room smelled musky. We figured they had cleaned the carpets. There was also Knats flying in the room. When I checked out I mentioned these things to the girl at the desk. She stated that the rugs had not been cleaned and said she was sorry for the condition of the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn, Mount Airy, NC? Share your experiences!