“Different and nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Macon, Georgia
“Different and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never seen a Hampton built like this one. I think they build the front part with the indoor pool attached to the lobby which causes a very humid time at breakfast and then they added another wing at an angle to the first one. Nevertheless, a very nice property and great staff. We got upgraded to a large room with a living room but it was not separate from the sleeping area so I cannot call it a true suite. Still, very nice. Several restaurants in walking distance. The historical Mayberry is within a two mile drive. Pilot Mountain (Mt Pilot on Mayberry RFD) is about 10 miles south. While I was not overwhelmed by the place it was pleasant and more than met my needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Award Winning Hampton Inn in Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Lenise Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and out is very easy. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. The pool was very clean pool as well. Delicious complimentary breakfast with many food choices that should suit all diets.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience while staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and comfortable surroundings with every stay and from your trip advisor title "Excellent Place to Stay" I can see we did just that. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. I believe we have one of the best. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thank you.

Northport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staff was friendly. Good breakfast with helpful attendant. Was close to downtown Mount Airy. Pool was rather small and cold. The Ac was hard to adjust for temperature. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very clean. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for providing us and other travelers with feedback regarding your most recent visit. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations with every stay. I am pleased that you will definitely be back the next time your travels bring you to "Mayberry." We love having you here!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here during a wedding in Pilot Mountain. Friendly staff, and quiet, clean rooms. You can't go wrong with the cool A/C running and SportsCenter in HD on a large flatscreen after a five-hour drive. A room on the top floor near the stairwell combined with quick waffles and fruit for breakfast made this hotel a great place to stay. I don't imagine my travels will take me back to Mount Airy every again, but if they do, I'm staying here. The hotel is near fast food, CVS, and has speedy dry-cleaning service. I checked in late on a Wednesday night, dropped off a suit to be dry-cleaned, and had it back the next afternoon. Not bad at all. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Top floor near the stairwell.
Green Features: Corporate-enforced policies and signage. But I'm glad they try to enforce good practices. The signs regarding re-using towels is always welcoming.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for highly recommending the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC and for the 5 star rating on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us and other travelers with feedback of your most recent stay. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and comfortable surroundings with every visit and from your title I feel that we did just that. Thank you again.

Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Only one night there but would be willing to stay many nights. People we extra friendly and the rooms were nice and comfortable. Price was reasonable. On the day we were to arrive I went online to book that nights stay and accidently booked it for one month out. Because I paid upfront for a lower rate the website said no refunds. I called them and explained what I had accidently done and they made the change with no problem at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mt. Airy NC and for the excellent review that you gave us on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our morning huddle. We would love to have you again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Thanks!

Winder, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were in "Mayberry" to do some genealogical research. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommended places to eat and even where to get a pedicure. The breakfast was all right and the coffee kept hot and fresh. The TV was good, but the volume went up and down and the A/C drowned out the sound. If you turned it up enough to hear over the TV it was a little loud. BUT, when the ads came on or when the channels changed the sound went way up. Having the thermostat right across from the A/C made temp regulation a little tricky. Having said that, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy NC and for taking the time to write about your most recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the television volume and I will look into that. I will try to find out if that is an isolated problem with that one television or if all the televisions do the same thing. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations and I am pleased that you will be back to see us the next time your travels bring you the area.

Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

One of the best place that we have stayed. Everything was wonderful. The staff and everyone that we saw. Just keep up the great work. We try our best to come back. May God bless and again thanks . Kenny and Jenny Evans. Lenoir city Tenn.

Room Tip: Very clean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mount Airy, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Mount Airy and for being a valued guest. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the five star rating that you gave us on tripadvisor. It is such a pleasure to know that we are one of the best places that you have stayed. The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and great accommodations each and every visit. From your review title "Excellent" I can see we did just that. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We love having you here!

Lenise Lynch

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Airy? Share your experiences!