“Perfect spot for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
North Carolina
“Perfect spot for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to dinner at Babymoon Cafe after picking up some family from RDU. Firstly, we were impressed with the variety of seating (inside, sheltered outside, full outside) - we sat outside and felt the weather was perfect with no bugs (mosquitos, flies, etc). My daughter enjoyed watching the planes buzz over - the air traffic was noisy, but only paused the conversation for a matter of seconds. The menu options were as expected of italian cuisine. The table ordered a variety of pizza, chicken parm and chicken marsala. The food was came out at a reasonable time, portion sizes were more than consumable and everything was delicious! Service was good, checking on us just the right number of times. I also noticed a large party getting picked up by the Sheraton shuttle, so there may be some local agreements with the hotels on Airport Blvd. Would definitely recommend this spot!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Nice Variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Landed at RDU right in the middle of rush hour traffic & decided to get a bite while the traffic thinned. Happened upon Babymoon at app. 5:30 pm. Ordered steak sandwich (wife had chicken sandwich). Both were great. Huge portions, so we boxed half of each one to enjoy later after drive home. Complimentary bread & oil dip came prior to order arriving. Service was nice. I did review the menu & noticed a large variety of dishes were available. Plus a nice selection of wines & spirits. For the RDU area, I did not find the prices unreasonable. Most entrees were in the $14 - $20 range. Sandwiches were $9 - $14.
If you want cheaper, there are numerous fast foodies near.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If this is the #1 restaurant in Morrisville then I'd advise you not to eat in Morrisville. I wasn't aware one could screw up penne alla vodka and a Caesar salad but congratulations, you did it Babymoon. I didn't finish either- bland, poor textured sauce on the pasta and tasteless yet drenched leaves of lettuce on what was the least enjoyable salad I've pretty much ever had. My colleague had a "sautéed salmon" which came drenched in tomato sauce. When he commented about how it was "interesting" to see sautéed salmon drenched in sauce, the waiter kind of snickered, shrugged, said "yeah," and shook his head slightly in agreement.

The best part? I am writing this review at 3 AM since I am up with stomach pains from my "lovely" dinner. I am really hoping that my colleague is not in his hotel room also up all night sick from this restaurant. If he is, that will make for an interesting day of work tomorrow.

After all of the reviews I have written in a multitude of countries, I do believe this is the first terrible restaurant review I have ever given. Looking at the reviews, evidently I am alone in this opinion. But I stand by my assertion that this is not a restaurant experience I would recommend to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Schererville, Indiana
“Pleasant and Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found the food to be just average and a little pricey. I also have a server that had no knowledge of the menu and even admitted that he hadn't tried most of the food. I found that very disappointing. I would pass this place next time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Folsom, California
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

After a long flight for the west coast, I met up with three work colleagues for dinner and decided to give Babymoon a shot. My friends had variations of salmon dishes, and were very impressed with them. I had the Pasta Pesto which was very tasty. They had a good selection of regional beers, and the service was prompt and attentive.