“Wonderful Facility” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful Facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was great. We requested an early check-in and they were able to honor it, allowing us to check in at 8am! This was a very special trip for us and without knowing that, the staff made it possible for us to enjoy every minute of it.
Every member of the staff we encountered was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast food was great, they had a good selection and the coffee was delicious!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here prior to going out of town, and was very impressed. The room was huge with a big couch, work desk, two seat table, and wet bar/mini fridge area. There is a a bar, and you can get made to order food 24/7 (but no delivery to your room). I had a monte christo sandwich that was awesome. The free breakfast in the morning had a couple of hot breakfast sandwiches; one was like an egg mcmuffin, (but good) the other was egg, cheese, mushroom and spinach on a half croissant. There was also the typical continental breakfast fare: fruit, breads, oatmeal, cold cereal, juice, milk, and coffee. Everyone I encountered was very nice and seemed genuinely happy to help. One thing that you need to remember before booking, however is that this is Hyatt Place RALEIGH-DURHAM AIRPORT, and is under the flightpath of one of the runways. It seems obvious, but there was a sign in the lobby apologizing for the noise, so I guess not everyone realizes that the airport is so close. you will hear low flying jets going overhead, but I would think all the hotels in the area have the same issue. Anyway, after staying here, I have decided that anytime I have a morning flight, I'm definitely going to stay here the night before.

Room Tip: If the jet noise is bothering you, they will give you earplugs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay. I am picky. I moved to this hotel from a hotel that was $30/night cheaper. So glad I did. The room was upscale and large. The bed was perfect.
Ike drove me to the airport at 5:30am. He had an energetic smile and treated me like I was the Secretary of State. I was half asleep and he made sure i had a coffee to go. He handled my bags from lobby to curb. He was proud of his company. A true model employee. An absolute gem and a great start to my day.

• Stayed August 2013
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located. The hotel contains a small bar area to relax in and wind down. It also contains a great full breakfast. The rooms are comfortable enough to relax and enjoy for a weekend get away or a week long trip.

• Stayed July 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Generally speaking, I stay at Hyatt properties due to their consistency in quality and maintenance standards. Hyatt Place at RDU didn't disappoint. For a one-night stop-over in mid-June for clocking some much-needed shuteye prior to sojourning to Charlotte for a week of meetings, it served the purpose impeccably. (Granted, I'm a very deep sleeper, so if you're sensitive to noise, saunter downstairs and collect a pair of ear plugs.)

Beyond one mild inconvenience, i.e., the vanity sink-side electrical outlet was out of commission, the room was in fine condition. Apparently I was too weary to make it to the bed, as I woke up on the in-room sofa, but I can assure you from numerous prior stays that the beds are marvelous relative to those at other chains. Don't sleep in too late, however: the buffet breakfast isn't worth missing.

I regret that I cannot remember the name of the lady who aided me the morning of checkout, but her assistance in editing my billing statement to reflect that my stay was eligible for Hyatt Gold Passport points was clutch. My sincerest regards to her, whoever she is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I flew in last night to rdu on a business trip. I was scheduled to arrive at 11:30pm, but had a flight delay which had my arrival at 3am. I called the hotel at 1:45am letting them know I was still coming. At 3:15am I arrived at the hotel to check-in. The manager at the desk said it would take 5 minutes as the computers were down. He proceeded to make phone calls, look at reems of paper to find which room I was supposed to have. At 3:50am he found out which room I had, but he couldn't make me a key so he had to let me in with a master key...and didn't work. He came back 10 minutes later with a key that worked. At 7am sharp I get woken up by the front desk saying my credit card didn't go through. I am a Hyatt Platinum member and stay over 50 nights a year at Hyatts. This episode will have me reconsider whether Hyatt is right for me.

• Stayed July 2013
mrintnl1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at The Hyatt Place in June 2013 for leisure. The daily breakfast was good and filling. Served from 6am to 10am on weekend and 6am to 9am on weekdays. Nice swivel flat screen television to watch while your in bed and / or on fold out sofa bed with of plenty of channels and 2 HBO channels. Refrigerator but no microwave. AC works very well. Did not need it on high cool. Guests were quiet and staff were very pleasant. Overall very relaxing and very clean hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is approximately 5 minutes from the airport. Ear plugs can be requested from front desk if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!