“Amazing "soul" food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Taiwanese
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing "soul" food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I usually get the homestyle tofu and it is by far one of my favorite meals! Everything is made fresh authentically and the owners are very hospitable and friendly! I feel they put there love of food and soul into it and everything I've tried so far has been amazing :) Glad to see them doing so well and look forward to many more delicious satisfying meals. Thank you! :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

North Carolina
“Glad we gave it a shot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am glad my wife an i tried this place. We were lucky to get a table - the place was packed and we were the only ones in there not Asian. I found it humorous they asked my wife if she wanted her dish cooked American style or real Chinese style. We went with Chinese style and were glad we did. I travel to China a few times a year and have to say this is as good as any experience i have had in China. Strongly recommend the place and better if you have a bigger group so you can try multiple items and eat family style. Wish they had a half a Peking Duck option on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morrisville, North Carolina
“The best Chinese food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Chef Pao is from Taiwan and really knows how to cook all sorts of wonderful Chinese dishes. This is real, traditional Chinese cooking, not the Americanized versions that so many others have. See for yourself, it is usually full of local Chinese customers. It is a small hole-in-the wall place, but they have great service and reasonable prices for both dine-in and carry-out. We love to go to the Taipei Cafe, and we are lucky to have them close by in Morrisville.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, North Carolina
“GREAT Peking Duck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant near me in Cary that had great Peking Duck. I saw a review on Yelp that was good, so I gave this place a try. I have had Peking Duck at restaurants around the world including Tokyo, New York City's Chinatown, and Ghana (funny, I have never been to China). This little cafe has Peking Duck that is as good as it gets! I ordered Peking Duck, house fried rice, and vegetable delight and every dish was AMAZING!!! Peking Duck is my favorite dish and I normally only have it about every six months, because it is difficult to find. I have mixed emotions now I know that there is a restaurant literally around the corner that has my favorite dish, because I WILL BE THERE OFTEN!!! Oh well, I will just have to go running more to balance eating this OUTSTANDING food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Akron ohio
“Everything tasted like old oil”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I are new to the area and were looking for good take-out. After reading the reviews we decided on the Taipei Cafe. We were both very disappointed in our meals. From the spring rolls to the general Tso's chicken, all we could taste was the oil it was cooked in. It tasted old and completely overpowered the flavor of the food. We will definitely not be returning.

Visited January 2012