“Surprisingly Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Boone, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

In short - I recommend this hotel. In more detail: I've stayed at Microtel hotels before and I knew what to expect... kind of like McDonalds in hotel industry - clean, organized, unified service wherever you go with modest but decent options for one of the most competitive rates in industry. When I first got to this hotel, I was disappointed... it looked kind of run down from the outside... that was my first impression... nevertheless, when I actually checked in and saw the room - it was up to the standard I was expecting to see. When I spoke to Anna and Melissa, the receptionists it got even better. They are responsive, efficient and accommodating... then one morning I met their manager, but I don't know his name and he was nice, making sure that I am satisfied... I complained about the cold weather, and he accepted that complaint with good sense of humor saying that he will "turn up the knob" to warm up the weather outside :) Their breakfast was decent as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Havelock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Microtel is a decent place to stay and very convenient to the RDU airport. I was offered to take advantage of the park-ride-fly that the hotel offers. Can you say what an excellent deal and money saver??? I arrived on time to catch my flight. When I returned to RDU airport, I called Microtel to let them know that I needed to be picked up. Less than 5 minutes, the shuttle from the hotel picked me up. Great service. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family and to all who are driving longer than an hour to catch a flight at RDU airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We really appreciate your business and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.This makes us feel
great to serve our guest with the best service.Your recommendation is highly appreciated.
We love to see you again.

Manny.k.
GREENVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great value. Would like a hot breakfast with greater variety and some fruit. Surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel. Excellent shuttle service. Hats off to Manuel Moreno for outstanding service every time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We highly appreciate your business and thank you for your business.We would to see your recommendation.

Manny.K
DANVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Turned on the bathroom light & a roach runs across the floor. Room outdated & dirty. Never again. Very unwelcoming staff member at checkin. Check out clerk wouldn't give me a receipt because I booked on Hotwire.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
This is not at a roach motel at all as we do fumigate all the rooms through a Professional renowned company twice a month. We can prove it.
The reason we are not able to give the guest ,receipt of their stay if they booked the reservation through Online travel agencies such as Kayak,Orbitz,Expedia,Priceline Hotwire or any other websites since the guest pays directly to the websites for their stay's and they have your payment info not us since we don't charge you directly.They pay us with their virtual credit card after they deduct their commission so even if we issue the receipt there will be a confusion.
I hope this explanation helps as we always have to explain to all the guests whoever made their reservations through online travel agency.Would recommend calling us directly before making the reservations.

We thank you for your business and apologize for the inconvenience .

Manny.k
FLORENCE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very efficient
Stay and fly is a good offer for the area
Let's wait how the pick on October 8th will work
Best regards
Paul

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review,we appreciate your business very much.Hope to see you soon.
Manny.K
BENBROOK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I want to begin with saying I really don't have a complaint but I believe these are items someone should be aware of. First, when my wife and I checked in the young man behind the desk didn't even acknowledge us let alone sit up from his reclined position until I said "Hello". It doesn't take much effort when you hear the door to sit up and offer a greeting. Secondly, the next morning at check out one of the housekeeping staff had her pre-teen daughter walking around helping her. Retrieving bottles of cleaner or rags, not a good representation in my opinion. Other than that, I got what I payed for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your true and honest comments,it means a lot to us,thank your for your business.
Hope to serve you more better to all of our guests .
Sincerely
Manny
PORT SAINT LUCIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall the hotel was good, very close to the airport and it can be noisy at times. We stayed for 4 days because I was moving my mother in law from Raleigh, NC to Florida. I had wanted to get on the road early that Monday morning and when I went to check out, there was no one at the front desk that could help me. There was someone there but she couldn't give me a receipt because she didn't know how and I had to wait 15 minutes until someone got there to help me and then all she told me was it would be e-mail to me because I had booked through Kayak. I still haven't received any receipt yet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest
We apologize for the inconvenience.The reason we are not able to give the guest ,receipt of their stay if they booked the reservation through Online travel agencies such as Kayak,Orbitz,Expedia,Priceline Hotwire or any other websites since the guest pays directly to the websites for their stay's and they have your payment info not us.They pay us with their virtual credit card after they deduct their commission so even if we issue the receipt there will be a confusion.
I hope this explanation helps,
We thank you for your business and love to see you again,
Manny.k
GM

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!