“Indifferent Help” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 18 hotels in Morrisville
BENBROOK
“Indifferent Help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I want to begin with saying I really don't have a complaint but I believe these are items someone should be aware of. First, when my wife and I checked in the young man behind the desk didn't even acknowledge us let alone sit up from his reclined position until I said "Hello". It doesn't take much effort when you hear the door to sit up and offer a greeting. Secondly, the next morning at check out one of the housekeeping staff had her pre-teen daughter walking around helping her. Retrieving bottles of cleaner or rags, not a good representation in my opinion. Other than that, I got what I payed for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your true and honest comments,it means a lot to us,thank your for your business.
Hope to serve you more better to all of our guests .
Sincerely
Manny

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
PORT SAINT LUCIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall the hotel was good, very close to the airport and it can be noisy at times. We stayed for 4 days because I was moving my mother in law from Raleigh, NC to Florida. I had wanted to get on the road early that Monday morning and when I went to check out, there was no one at the front desk that could help me. There was someone there but she couldn't give me a receipt because she didn't know how and I had to wait 15 minutes until someone got there to help me and then all she told me was it would be e-mail to me because I had booked through Kayak. I still haven't received any receipt yet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest
We apologize for the inconvenience.The reason we are not able to give the guest ,receipt of their stay if they booked the reservation through Online travel agencies such as Kayak,Orbitz,Expedia,Priceline Hotwire or any other websites since the guest pays directly to the websites for their stay's and they have your payment info not us.They pay us with their virtual credit card after they deduct their commission so even if we issue the receipt there will be a confusion.
I hope this explanation helps,
We thank you for your business and love to see you again,
Regards
Manny.k
GM
LAWRENCEVILLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Insufficient parking. Ordors in stair wells from previous work. Ordor in the room. The room was not fresh. Too many people hanging around that did not appear to stay there. Remove the wall mirrors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
First of all we have huge parking space for almost 150 cars since we provide park and fly service
as we are located closest to the RDU Airport, we have never ran out of parking spaces also if the parking is full that shows how many guest prefer staying with us if they wouldn't prefer than parking lot would have been empty.
If there were too many people around how come the guest continued to stay for more than one night ? where as he didn't even complain about anything upon his stay.
The wall mirrors has in reality nothing to do as it has been designed originally according to Microtel Inn standards.
We apologize for any inconvenience upon your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Raleigh visiting family for a few days before the main part of our vacation in myrtle beach an just wanted a cheap hotel... For 30 bucks a night.. Well worth the money!! I was expecting a dirty outdated hotel and that was not what we found at all. Staff was very polite room was VERY clean and although a little small it suited what we needed just fine. The only thing that was a little funny wa the comforter was damp when we arrived and felt gross trying to sleep on but the bed was pretty comfy(much better then the reviews led us to believe) couldve used a few more pillows though. Overall, way better then I expected for this bargain!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here overnight for a job interview I had unexpectedly. First I was able to book the hotel same day which was convenient. Also I was a bit reluctant because sometimes you just don't know when booking hotels online. Let me say that this hotel is very clean, the room was definitely clean, very well lit. I booked a basic room and the price was great..The staff in the morning time were very friendly. The continental breakfast was good also. I stayed here July 29 through July 30th and my room was on the first floor room 110. I was very pleased with everything and relieved with how clean my room was. Thank You for a nice experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The only thing that was nice about this hotel was the price. The bed was horrible and my wife and I were not able to sleep. We were flying out the next morning and had to leave the hotel by 515. I booked this hotel because it had breakfast and the hotel policy said breakfast would be ready at 5 am. At 5 am my wife and I came down and waited for 15 minutes until we had to leave with no breakfast. The mean receptionist lady simply said "Ill get to it when I get to it". There are other hotels in the area and if you want to get some sleep then pay the extra money for them.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The room was clean, the price was good, and the continental breakfast was adequate. When we upgraded to two queen beds, instead of one, we got a fridge and microwave and a lot more comfort. The location was excellent for our purposes--close to RDU Airport for our early-morning flight--but the highly touted factory shops mall next door was almost empty as it was undergoing renovation. All in all, this is a motel we'd use again if we needed to be close to RDU.

See my blog: Tightwad Travel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!