“A park and fly hotel, pretty much it.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Lexington, Kentucky
“A park and fly hotel, pretty much it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night this past week before flying from RDU. I would rate this hotel at the lower end of acceptable for a 2 star hotel. The hotel has signs of wear and tear, but the room seemed to be clean. Both my spouse and myself felt a bit claustrophobic in our room, it was small yet adequate. This is by no means the nicest Microtel I have ever stayed in. The staff was adequate, neither rude nor overly friendly.

Pros:
It was the cheapest park and fly option around RDU
The hotel is a 5 minute ride from the airport terminal.
They had a continental breakfast.
Seemed like a safe neighborhood
Cuban restaurant was next door and Wendy's was across the street.

Cons:
The walls are thin. We were on the second floor and were awaken by 2 men having a conversation in the parking lot at 3:00 AM. Sounded like they were in our room.

For some reason, they have the ash trays inside the stairwells. Its not for smoking, but so people can get rid of their cigarette buds as they enter the building. However, the stairwells smell of smoke. As non-smoker, this seems asinine.

The room and TV were small, no mini-fridge in our room. Literally, a bed in room.

Overall, if you need a cheap, clean Park and Ride option near RDU, then I could recommend staying here for 1 night, albeit I would ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room away from the stairs. This is a no-frills kind of stop. If you need a place for more than 1 night, I would look somewhere else. If you are accustomed to staying in nicer hotels, look somewhere else. If other park and ride options are similarly price when you are looking, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor, away from the elevator and stairwells. This should minimize c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We looked around for a bargain near RDU where we could stay the night and leave our car for the duration of our trip. We selected the Microtel's Park and Fly deal and were happy with the choice for its convenience, cleanliness, and price. The room was tiny, but clean, and for one night it worked out fine. The front desk staff was accommodating and helpful. Breakfast was adequate and starts at 5 AM along with the complimentary airport shuttle. For $85 a night you can leave your car as long as you like, so it is truly a price performer. When we arrived back, they responded quickly and picked us up within 10 minutes of our arrival. We'll do this again next month!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Emporia, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We booked the room the night before we had to fly our of the Raleigh airport. We were greeted by couteous staff, our room was VERY clean, it was a little on the small side (I guess that's why it's called a Microtel), they offer free shuttle to the airport & the driver was waiting for us the next morning, the location is close to the airport, and the price was VERY reasonable. If I had to find something wrong it would be that you could hear planes flying overhead all night but that's not really anything that the hotel can control.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Medina, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Maybe the cheapest, but still not worth it. My bed was really mushy. One plus was the Cuban restaurant right next door. Enjoyed my lunch there. But there are better hotels in the area. There is a plan for some sort of Asian center with shops and restaurants right across the street, but will not be completed until next year.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel every week for 7 weeks for work. My last stay was for 3 nights and when I returned home a few days later I noticed several bits on my arm, thought no big deal. The next day I woke to find that what was 8-10 bits now was 50 plus!!! I did some research only to discover that I had bed bug bits all over my upper body. I contacted the hotel to let them know and to my suprise the manager "Manny" was very defensive and very short with me. My first reason of my call was to notify them of the situation so they may resolve this issue so future guest might not experience this horrible situation that I had experienced. NO APOLOGY, NOTHING AT ALL!!!! That is all I hoped to hear. NOTHING!! I contacted the Wyndam office only to be notified that this was a franchise property. They contacted the owner "Nick" and it is now two weeks later. NOTHING! Not even a phone call. I have called the property and "NICK" the owner screens his calls. I guess it is time to take legal action. NICK is a joke! This hotel does not care about its guest. PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. You will be disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
microtelinnrdu, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
There were no bedbugs found at all in the room as the guest was upto getting free money back. For guests satisfaction the room was thoroughly inspected by health dept officer and we have the report on record. Even the officer was surprised to see that there are people who can cause unnecessary problems for hotels.
Not only that as a proof the room was rented to 15 different guests in a row since the guest checked out and we never even received a single complain of any sort.
Please do not believe,its not true at all.
Clarksville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Microtel has simple, small, plain rooms for a cheap price. Don't expect anything special or pretty. My room was clean and safe and had everything that one would expect from an inexpensive hotel. It is very convenient to the airport. However, that does make it loud, as one hears every plane that goes over. Planes seem to take off until 11:30 pm and resume around 6 am. So if you'd like to sleep longer than that, consider staying elsewhere. I stayed here before an early am flight and it worked out fine. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
microtelinnrdu, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Valued guest
We kindly appreciate your business and reviews. Your comments helps us to serve you better.
We welcome you for your future stay,
Manny.K.
christiansburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Would not stay here again! Front desk check in was civil to us but so rude to the next couple checking in not friendly at all!!!! The room was VERY small, ac/heating unit falling apart. Something on the back of the wall of the toliet.......leave this to you to figure out. This hotel needs alot of work as does the front desk pertaining to customer service!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Raleigh Durham Airport? Share your experiences!