“nice to have a reliable place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Syosset, New York
“nice to have a reliable place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I can always count on this chain of hotels to provide a nice clean room and friendly service. We were going to the beach one day and asked if we could borrow towels. The receptionist coukd not have been sweeter, gave us a handful to bring and when we returned she was still on duty and chatted away with us about our day. Only negative, the breakfast. While the food was good, they really need more than one employee there to handle the morning rush. We got down at 9am and it looked like a cyclone had hit. The poor girl explained that 70 people had come down at 7am. And must have been pigs. There was food everywhere. She was desperately trying to replenish food and mop up. The next morning really wasn't any better. Note to management, if you have a large tour group staying, have extra personnel to help out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Momma L,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your loyalty to Staybridge. We're glad to hear you had a good stay, though do appreciate you bringing the issues you had at our complimentary breakfast to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience. Otherwise, I'm happy you found our staff friendly and we hope to see you the next time you're in the RDU area! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clover, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This trip was booked for us by the in laws. The 2 room suite was very nice. There was plenty of room for us and our 11 month old. We got placed in a smoking room though and it absolutely wreaked when first walking in. Luckily we both adjusted to the smell as best we could. It was also kind of nasty when walking out of the hotel due to smoking ash tray stands being right at the entrance. Seems like poor placement since this causes everyone to have to breathe in the smoke (seemed like there were always at least one person smoking out there). There was some type of air purify machine put in our room which did little to help the smell. I would stay here again but would definitely make sure to request the non smoking room.

Stayed July 2014
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Petey05,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit - while I'm glad to hear you found your suite very nice and spacious, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience. We are happy to accommodate requests for non-smoking room types upon booking as long as there is availability, so please don't hesitate to do so during future visits. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in the RDU area.

Blainville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My entire experience here was very positive, accept upon arrival. When I first arrived, I had to drive around all the parking lots here as there was no parking space at all, and based upon people I see, I was beginning to think that most of the parking is being used for airport travel as well.
Upon entering the hotel to check in and dealing with the front desk clerk, I was shocked that she paused to yell 3 times at hotel patrons for walking on the recently mopped floors in the kitchen and reception area... I thought she was going to walk over there and hand them a punishment.... These are patrons and not your children at home!
Aside from this, I would not let my total review of the property side to this single event, as this is very nice and I would come back again

Room Tip: If you are a family with children, room 204 was amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear EWBrown,

Thank you for reviewing your visit at our Staybridge Suites. While I'm glad to hear you had a good visit overall, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at parking & check-in - our team will discuss your comments in order to help provide friendly, effective service. Otherwise, we're glad you loved your suite and hope to see you the next time you're in Morrisville! Thanks again for your comments.

Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The room overall was OK, not worth the price, but it is what it is. Here's the really bad news. They allow smoking in this hotel and if you're not a smoker, you are in for one terrible smelly night. The stench is tremendous. It gets better. The staff, when informed, that I needed a room that was non smoking was uninterested and gave me the excuse that because I booked by a third party (Expedia/Priceline) that you get what you get. I got a hold of the manager (Shauna) who then insisted that I booked a smoking room and that it was my fault. She became combative told me that she wasn't going to listen to anything because it wasn't her problem nor her fault. She did change my room but only after I repeatedly complained. She actually came to my room and continued on with the "You shouldn't of booked a smoking room" routine. Definitely not star management conduct. The new room still had a cigarette smell to it even though it was "non-smoking". I don't book Staybridge Suites and I thought I would give them a try. It was listed as a three star, though 2 1/2 may be more in line. I travel 2 to 3 weeks out of the month and I guess I am just more accustomed to a higher quality service. I have had to deal with smoking rooms before, though not anytime in the recent past, and 1. I am always asked prior to being given one. 2. If I was not asked, I have been switched immediately after being apologized to profusely. I would truly be wary of any hotel that still allows smoking anymore as it makes a statement about their commitment to quality and concern for the patrons' comfort and well being. The staff truly did make if feel like a $39.99 a night establishment. I would not recommend and will not be staying at a Staybridge Suites again. Period. I don't normally say that about most hotels as I understand you can and will have a bad day from time to time. This hotel was enough for me to just say no to Staybridge.

Room Tip: You better be a smoker or you're going to hate yourself for staying here. If you are a smoker...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear michellep p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Staybridge Suites. We are sincerely sorry that our staff did not provide you with the level of service our guests expect and deserve during your visit. Our main goal is to ensure all of our guests are well-accommodated, smoking and non-smoking, and apologize that you were not assigned to a new room in a friendlier and more efficient manner.

We take pride in keeping all guest rooms as clean as possible and will share your feedback with our housekeeping team. As a non-smoker myself, I understand the importance of a smoke-free environment, and we will work harder to provide pristine accommodations.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to contact me at the number below. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you the great stay you and all of our guests expect.

(434) 822-2161
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great experience with check in stay and check out.
Coming in it was fast and efficient. Warm breakfast and evening buffet that will provide 2 full meals a day.
The room is clean and laundry is also well kept..
Outside area great to relax after work.
Room is big enough and cleaning services efficient.

Location is only 5 mins from airport and 10 mins from RDP.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as the lower floors have a damp smell.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear chow tien w,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites and are delighted to hear we were able to take care of all of your needs during your visit! I'm happy to read you found your suite spacious and clean and you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer. Thanks again for your praise and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in the RDU area!

Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a very lovely place to stay while on vacation. This was a 2 bed-room suite with a bathroom in each bedroom, kitchen and living room. Very nicely decorated and very clean bathrooms. Free breakfast was a bonus.

We plan to stay whenever in the area on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Mae A,

Thank you for leaving a review and we hope you enjoyed your vacation! I'm glad you found your suite clean and spacious and found our complimentary breakfast an extra perk. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in the Raleigh-Durham area! Thanks again for your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great atmosphere here. There was a managers hour going on when I arrived. Free food and wine. People hanging out in the lobby and outside patio area eating and having a great time.
Decor is pretty. Sofas comfy.
Front desk clerks with outstanding customer service skills and phone etiquette.
Rooms are big and roomy. I felt like I was in an apartment instead of a hotel room.
Only drawback - rooms are numbered goofy. I was in room 231. The room across the hall was 218. It was a little confusing but honestly it's not that big of a deal. Once you find your room you won't care. It's a great place to stay and I hope I get the chance to do so again.

• Stayed May 2014
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Dialygal,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel - I'm delighted to hear you found our atmosphere excellent and had a spacious, comfortable stay! It's also great to read that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and you enjoyed our manager's reception. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in town! Thanks again for your review.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Staybridge Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!