“Clean, Large Rooms with Fast Shuttle to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Calabash, North Carolina
“Clean, Large Rooms with Fast Shuttle to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the hotel for one night and left our car for 10 nights in their "Park, Stay, Fly" parking lot and took their shuttle to and from the RDU airport, which is about 2 miles away. This was a much better deal than parking directly at the airport, and the shuttle was there to pick us up within 5 minutes.
The hotel room was one of the cleanest, largest and most attractive that we've stayed in. The free breakfast buffet was very extensive, with scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, yogurt, hot cinnamon buns, bagels, pancakes, juices, coffees, etc. Would stay again next time we fly out of Raleigh/Durham.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear mangomanCharlotte,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express! It's great to hear you could take advantage of our Park & Fly option, as well as that you found your guest room so clean and spacious. We can't wait to see you the next time you fly out of RDU! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will definitely try to stay at this Holiday Inn Express whenever I need to be in Raleigh. The rate was excellent, and the cleanliness was superb. My bed was really, really comfortable! The breakfast was the best I have had at a hotel in a long time. I appreciate the manager's accessibility and checking on their guests during breakfast.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear ponycraze,

Thank you so much for your rave review! We're delighted you had a terrific stay all-around and felt you received excellent value for your money. Thanks again for your praise and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in our area!

Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed at this particular hotel over the last 10 years and it represents what all HI Express hotels should be... A good night's sleep at a reasonable price.
Staff is always welcoming and willing to make your stay a great one

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Furlough,

Thank you so much for your loyalty over the years and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We're glad our staff always helps make your stay great and we can't wait for your next visit. Thanks again for your praise!

Fairfax County, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

To start off, I have stayed at this property in the past and never had any issues. This past stay I was extremely disappointed. The first room they gave me smelled awful and was dirty; so the person at the front desk gave me another room (She was wonderful, but was only on duty during the day). I quickly dropped my bags off in the room and left to get to a meeting.

Upon my return in the evening, I noticed that the new room I was given reeked of stale smoke. I headed down to the front desk and was told that there was nothing they could do as they did not have any available rooms left. I thought fair enough, there is a Hampton Inn right on the same campus so I told the front desk clerk that I would check availability at that hotel. She informed me that this should be fine as it was their sister property and is owned by the same group.

I headed over to the Hampton Inn and they said that they had availability. I told them I would come back once I settled the check out at the HIE. When I walked back into the HIE, the same woman at the front desk informed me that she just spoke with the Property manager and that I would have to wait until morning to speak with the manager and that they could not refund my money for the room. I asked why this would be and she said that they "cannot resell a dirty room." I'm thinking that she cannot be serious, so I said that HIE was willing to have me stay in a dirty room, as opposed to "selling the dirty room to another guest."

Another Front Desk clerk offered to come to my room to spray it with Febreeze. I figured that was what I would have to do since I was not risking getting charged for a room I didn't stay in if I went to stay at the Hampton Inn. He sprayed the Febreeze in the room which helped some, but it was still smelling of Stale smoke, so I continued to spray the Febreeze throughout the night so that I could try and get some sleep.

I have to say that I have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn Express hotels and Holiday Inns, including this one, in the past and have never had this bad an experience. I will say that I am down in RTP at least once a month and will avoid this hotel at all costs. It's really a shame as it is in a great location.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Lizzie N,

Thank you for staying with us on several occasions in the past and taking the time to write a detailed review. We sincerely regret that your stay did not live up to your typical experience and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention to follow up with our staff and ensure our guests receive the level of cleanliness and satisfaction they have come to expect. Please reach out to me at the number below and I would be happy to speak further if you would like. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the problem-free stays you have normally had at our hotel.

(434) 822-2161
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice place close to the airport. Their shuttle service will help you get to the hotel from the airport. The rooms are large and comfortable. Twin beds are I guess the standard size. Bathrooms are neat and clean. Area is quiet. They don't have bottled water in the room which is slightly disappointing.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Aaditya_Ud,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review; it's good to hear you had a quiet, comfortable visit! We're also happy you could take advantage of our airport shuttle. We always like hearing what we can do better and appreciate your feedback regarding water. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is a mini version of the Holiday Inn RIGHT up the street. Same quality but better rates. So if you looking for the top quality hotel experience but not for $400 for 2 nights...stay at the express. There were over 300 basketball teams in town the weekend of 24-26 April, and they accommodated my family even with late checkout at 2pm. I'd definitely stay here again. Great price, especially close to the airport.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear MetroBride,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express! We're glad to hear you had an excellent stay even though we were very busy and that you felt you received great value for your money. Thanks again for your praise and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

We turned in our rental car early to avoid the early morning hassle at the airport. The HIE sent the shuttle to pick us up at Alamo. We got a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable room and the next morning the shuttle whisked us to RDU for an on-time departure. Shuttle drivers and hotel staff very friendly and professional.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2015
Dear Nan59937,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express! I'm happy to hear our airport shuttle service helped make your stay so convenient and that you had a good time overall. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Morrisville! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!