“Good place to stay if flying out of Raleigh Durham International Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport

Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“Good place to stay if flying out of Raleigh Durham International Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed there April 11th and April 30th. We took advantage of their stay and fly offering that allowed us to leave our car free at their facility while we were gone for 3 weeks. We would have paid airport parking of over $100.
The staff was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient.
The room was standard fare for HIE. Comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was typical for HIE as well.

Shuttle to the airport handled all our luggage and got us there within just a few minutes. When we returned, they were there within 10 minutes and actually waited while we moved all our luggage out to the pickup point.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Claude M,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express and are happy you could take advantage of our Park & Fly program! It's also great to hear both of your stays were clean and comfortable and you found our staff accommodating and friendly. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you fly out of RDU!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while on a business trip to the area. First off if you are flying in the shuttle does not run on a schedule so be sure to take down the hotels phone number and call when you have collected your baggage you will be directed to which collection zone you will be picked up in and the driver took 5 minutes to reach me. If you dont have a phone there is a free phone for local calls at the back of the service and tourism advice desk which you can use to call the hotel.

From the airport it is a quick drive to the hotel. The hotel staff are all very friendly, the hotel is very clean and well kept up and the rooms are of a high standard and are quiet. If you are a light sleeper put the aircon in the room on it does create enough white noise to block out the aircraft traffic. I slept through every night. A room facing the rear parking is also more quiet.

Breakfast was probably the best i have had at a Holiday Inn Express (all of which offer a free breakfast) often the breakfast area of this brand of hotel looks like a heard of buffalo has just run through it. Not at this hotel. The area is neat and clean and serviced every few minutes. The food is fresh and there is everything you need to start your day. Which is a huge plus and I applaud the hotel for this. There is no restaurant attached to the hotel. Within a 2 minute walking distance you have a Wendy's, Texas Steak restaurant, Hooters and a convenience store attached to the Mobil service station nearby. I didnt have a car so these were all useful.

This is a great place to stay, you cant go wrong staying here for around $100 a night. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel and on a higher floor this is a more quiet location.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Murray B,

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your visit! I'm happy you had a clean, comfortable stay and found our staff very friendly, as well as that you found our complimentary breakfast so great! We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in the RDU area. Thank you again for your review!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

In Raleigh for a basketball tournament. Room was ok, breakfast good & parking was terrible!!
ISSUE: We made it back to our room around 10 pm Saturday night & my daughter, on her way to the lobby bathroom, reported to the front desk that the toilet was stopped up...nothing was done so I went to front desk and asked for a plunger & did it myself. Sunday @0830 it wouldn't flush so I called the front desk twice & was told "I'll send them down as soon as they are free". My daughters & I used the bathroom in the lobby until they came...unacceptable!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear cgoode39,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope you enjoyed the tournament. I'm very sorry to read that our service fell short of your expectations and appreciate the feedback - our team will discuss your comments to help improve and avoid similar missteps in the future. If you'd like to speak further about it, please give me a call at the number below and I'd be happy to speak with you. Otherwise, we're glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and hope to have another opportunity when you're in the area to give you a great stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

(434) 822-2161
Castle Hayne, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We spent three days at the hotel and were impressed with the room, staff, and breakfast. The staff was friendly, the room clean, and the location was great for us. There are several restaurants near by and the airport is only a few miles away. The interstate was less than 1/2 mile away with easy access. Overall, we had a great stay and will definitely go back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Ken49011,

We appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel and are delighted to read it was a great one! I'm happy you found our location excellent and our staff very friendly and helpful. Thank you so much for your 5-star ratings across the board and we look forward to your next visit!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

On a recent business trip I had to stay over 1 night before continuing my travel. I needed a good night's sleep, good food and internet connectivity. The Holiday Inn Express at RDU did not disappoint.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made me feel right at home. I was given a number of options to dine at local restaurants, all walking distance from the hotel.

In the morning there was a free shuttle ride to the airport.

Very delightful, and I will be back shortly. This will be my mid-way stop for business connections in and out of RDU.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear ASteyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express - I'm very pleased to hear you had a great stay and plan to choose us during future trip to the RDU area! It's also great to read you found our service excellent and our location worked well for your needs. Thanks again for your comments and we await your next visit!

Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night with the park and ride package. The room was clean, I didn't hear any planes. It was one of the better values near the airport, especially with the week of parking included. The breakfast was good for the price of the room. Basically it was what I expect from a Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear ECUPirate,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we're happy you could take advantage of our park & fly! I'm also glad to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay and felt you received good value for your money. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the RDU area!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed again 3/20-24/2014 as every time in the RTP area. This is a clean well run hotel that provides a professional level of quality, service & value. Everything I look for and will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view - I like to leave drapes open
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Russell L,

We appreciate your loyalty and are glad you took the time to share your experience! I'm delighted you always have a clean, comfortable stay and have made us your regular stop in the area. We're grateful for your high ratings and can't wait for your next visit! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!