“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Our family eats here frequently. It is wonderful and I recommend it. I like the lunch buffet, because of the variety but I eat way too much food, it is usually my only meal of the day. There is always a lot of Indian folks here too so I think it must be pretty authentic. They are closed in the afternoon reopening at 5:30 pm. If you like Indian, it is the best place around.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, SC
“Expensive buffet, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to try Paradise out on a Sunday afternoon with a Groupon we had recently purchased. We showed up at around 1:30pm and figured we couldn't use the Groupon towards the buffet but intended to order off the menu.

We were seated quickly and then directed to the buffet. I indicated we wanted to order off the menu, but we were told they only have the buffet available for lunch. I probably would have known this if I had investigated earlier. Since we were starving, we just decided to stay and pay for the buffet.

It was an excellent selection, although I am not sure it was worth $13.95, which is by far the most expensive Indian lunch buffet I've ever been to. Regardless of the price, it was excellent and a good mix of things we had never tried before, because they aren't usually on the buffet for other restaurants.

I was happy they had goat curry available since I've always wanted to try it, but never wanted to commit to ordering it off the menu. It was delicious and very, very tender. Not too spicy, but just enough to wake up your taste buds.

The other option that I particularly liked was the Paneer Butter Masala. The Paneer was a little firm and just slightly salty. Excellent!

I really liked that they had pitchers of water on the tables since I hate having to hail a server for more water, especially eating anything spicy, I go through a lot of it. The servers we otherwise pretty attentive, although not really needed that much since most everything else is serve yourself.

We couldn't help but notice we were the only non-Indians in the whole restaurant that day, and it was quite busy for almost 2pm on a Sunday.

All in all, it was a little pricey for us to go on a regular basis, but it is a great option for Indian cuisine in Morrisville.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Good Sunday Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Ate at the Paradise Sunday buffet a couple weeks back for the first time. The buffet was pretty good with a good variety of main dishes, two kinds of rice, and variety of condiments and a few relishes. Had a few chicken and a goat dish. If I recall the naan was made to order as well. Only thing missing was desert, there was fresh fruit salad which was good but that was it. I assume the Sunday lunch buffet has more items then the other days as they charge a bit more for it.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“unpretentious Indian with good, unusual dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I don't expect much from a strip mall restaurant, but Paradise was an happy surprise. About half the clientele were south Asian, and the menu contained dishes from several regions of India that one does not normally find in the more mainstream restaurants. Pricing was very reasonable, and the management were very interested in our satisfaction. Since we are pale-skinned, perhaps they thought we were unfamiliar with Indian food (we are actually devotees) - but they wanted us to be happy from the first minute.

• Visited April 2011